Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

properly is place holder im just happy it has a better targeting pod

Im hoping that premium Type 90 is true ngl

Also wondering if we will get a 2nd camo for the jaguar IS, usually those come from getting a star but didnt see it mentioned on the blog.

Where dovbleg

1 Like

Probably on Friday

a bit copeful i know but, i say first blog tomorrow, teaser thursday and dev stream friday? we had fast updates like this in the past so not impossible.

2 Likes

I want whatever copium you are smoking lol. Hope you are correct :)

1 Like

I would hope as well but im not feeling it…most likely blog on Friday to start it off

Unless they go for a later model with J/ARG-1 and AAM-4 it’d still rely on AIM-7M in BVR that can still be notched.

While I don’t necessarily trust this leak, the early F-2 really only has one more chance to be relevant, which is before the ARH update. Otherwise Gaijin would have to skip straight to later F-2s when adding them.

Tomorrow is my guess, Friday would be very late, and I’m already surprised we didn’t get one last Friday

If the update is supposed to be the end of this month/beginning of next, then they don’t have much time left for devblog season to wait

F-2 only uses AESA regardless.

1 Like

Probably not, the Object doesn’t have one either. I think those might’ve been left behind w/ the old event format.

Pretty sure there are jets in game that use PESA IRL but they are only modelled as PD radars.
Gaijin can add an AESA and just model it missing features like all the other radars in game.
I don’t find the AESA argument holds much weight considering Gaijins simplified radar implementation

6 Likes

Just curious why you think that the update is coming at the end of the month, is there something I missed or are you basing this on regular update intervals? The past couple of updates have been pretty quick but I wonder if maybe the monthly event vehicles are going to slow down the major update pace?

Yes we are

And? How will that prevent the PD missiles from being notched? Keep in mind the AIM-9M has no datalink.

Against ARH there would be the obvious disadvantage of having to keep lock on another aircraft that simply disengages while its missile guides itself.

Meanwhile against other SARH like the R-27ER the only the aircraft radar would give an advantage, countered by datalink as well as higher kinematic performance of the enemy missile. The AIM-7M itself can be notched, no matter if the AESA radar keeps lock.

PESA and AESA are leagues different though.

1 Like

Is there any possibility that SEPECAT Jaguar IS from HAL would be researchable for UK in the future ?

3 Likes

No clue mate i thinks its unlikely

PESA and mechanical are pretty different too.
But yet here we are with PESA bring modelled as mechanical.