Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Not sure Eurocanard is an official things tho, must be just a name between plane enjoyers to class modern plane from Europe that use Canards.

2 Likes

you said you brought a Compagnon

Typhoon, Gripen and Rafale getting their own category is good tho

4 Likes

you missunderstoof sth there, deathmisser deleted his messenger for whatever reason @Miraz05

Basic Derby isn’t even that strong. It would have comparable performance to AIM-120B while having slightly better pull and seeker.

its a python 4 with a ARH seeker would be too strong

Really hope “European Canards” as the update name that gonna bring Rafales and EFs.

Almost sad the Gripen was so early for missing that opening.

2 Likes

European Canards brings to the game Su30 and SU 47 ;)

Then just call it Canards.

I don’t put Russia as in Europe personnally, but that’s not the subject.

well they are not the same as the ones that came before

yes but remember the gripen is the Budget one of the 3 so it’s understandable why it was added now

although I believe we could still see a new gripen wirh the Eurocanard update using IRIS-T and METEOR

Python 4 with less control surfaces so most likely 40G pull (AIM-120B pulls 35G btw)

Of course of course. Was just sad for the name :p

are their canards moving nicely? do they have healthy canards or are they stuck and rusty?

3 Likes

who am i to know?

you’re devil, you should know about russian planes

Dunno how powerful Derby can be cause its seeker is going to be inherently weaker than an AMRAAM’s due to the size.
But it could still be rather potent.
Devs know more than I and at least most of us.

Heya! o7

Dev Blog season approaches… so now comes the part where I go from being completely absent to being chronically around this thread lol

6 Likes

Seeker might be small but technology used is far more advanced than early AIM-120A/B. To my understanding it would be AIM-120C-5 seeker with AIM-120B range and slightly better pull.

1 Like

They know things, it’s true, but they also alter things when it suits them, more than many imagine. I don’t mean this with bad intentions, I guess it has to do with balance.

1 Like