Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

beans

9 Likes

cant people wait for fricking the 22 of february jeez

Well I just found out open ai Sore is a thing so at least that will distract me lol

Gimme that HMS Royal Oak right there

1 Like

Its just Scharnhorst that is the problem. Bayern and the other Imperial battleships are still good, but nothing really standout. And of course the cruisers and destroyers are all second rate. Really, if it wasn’t for Scharnhorst the thing Germany would have going for it is volume of battleships (again for some reason they have so many)
If Mutsu is coming then, depending on the year represented, she may end up being just as annoying as Scharnhorst.

1 Like

WT naval is in general in a poor state. I can’t call myself a real naval enjoyer, usually play it when I want to have a bit different experience compared to other tech, I only have the Italian naval lines and few ships/boats in other nations.

• Small naval playerbase is split between arcade and realistic (I prefer RB because it gives me slower gameplay which I actuallly want from naval);
  • map/gamemodes design is very strange (overcrowded open spawn areas, 3 points which you can barely achieve in slow BBs, 1 big point at which you hardly influence winning and etc), naval in WT is basically tank battles on the flat surface with lower influence of CAS;
  • overpowered AI anti-aircraft;
  • coastal fleet being in a weird spot (mostly either useless or just annoying);
  • questionable balance and mixed MM;
  • much lower reward for bots (which especially bad in my timezone since I barely have players in battles).
4 Likes

Yep, came face to face with 2 Scharnhorsts in the Renown this evening. Suffice to say that

A) we lost that match
B) I didnt survive very long

Naval is cringe sadly, and its due to snail syndrome.

Yup. I can deal with one Scharnhorst “alright” (hitcam LOVES to lie and say his guns are black while they’re shooting at you), but when you have two in a match it makes it really a miserable experience.
Hopefully Mutsu means Gaijin is actually going to get off their lazy butts and actually start adding more modern battleships which will hopefully reduce the negative impact of Scharnhorst. (until bismarck gets added lmao)

1 Like

Renown cant fight 1. Neither can hood. Unless you roll that 1 in a million shot that somehow pens and takes out his ammo.

Otherwise, you are dead within a few salvos from the Scharnhorst

2 Likes

Getting a suprise appendix removal. Wish me luck guys. I’m sure I’ll be fine. I saved up my backup vehicles for just this type of thing of the surgery goes awry.

7 Likes

Let’s hope you don’t need to lose your bibliography as well.

1 Like

I’ll ask for them to add a nice foreword.

Not our fault Gajin added Scharnhorst that early. It was a rather modern interwar, almost WW2 design. Gajin jumped over alot German battlecruisers from WW1 era. Even the most iconic ones were just bypassed and suddenly there was the Scharnhorst ingame.

Its armor layout and the internal torpedo bulges as well as its high compartmentalization are legendary. I just remember the Gneisenau sister ship, which was hit at dockyard by an RAF raid, which caused its B turret magazine to explode (was under maintencance and lot hatches were left open…). For every other ship it would have meant a total loss. This one just left harbor the same day to steam towards a naval base further east. As well as the Battle at North Cape. Scharnhorst sunk after 18 Torpedo hits and 15 main calibre BB gun hits. If you include medium and small calibre cruiser / DD fire, it took hundrets of hits.

So no surprise here, if WT is even just a bit realistic, it just must be tanky.

When does even the first update is suppose to come? Next month? April?

Will be March, probably 2nd or 3rd week of March

So we should be soon seeing devblogs for new vehicles. Wonder what we will get. I really hope it would be a SPAAs, especialy for nations that nead them around mid tier (3.3 to like 8.7 Around those BRs are some pretty huge gaps)

Every nation other than Russia needs something. I am hoping for a new top Italian fighter, and any tech tree vehicle between 10.3 and 11.7 for German ground.

1 Like

Personally i want more low tier/mid tier vehicles. I’m getting lil bit sick of all the high tier vehicles. Plus for anyone that is somewhat new to the game, those all new high/top tier vehicles they are adding, they wont see for a long time. Even with premium vehicles it will take a while before they get to that vehicle. The low/mid tier vehicles are i would say pretty easy an fast to get…and i would say even more fun to play.

1 Like

Did you say new Russian 11.3 premium