Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Another funny Churchill soon?

1 Like

A correction: I initially heard it’s a pre-AESA early block, which lead me to believe it’s a Block 1, without ARH.
Turns out, it will have ARH.

14 Likes

A helicopter that can fire undefeatable missiles without being targeted by SPAA is not balanced.
PARS and SPIKES are not radar guided as you incorrectly imply/claim. They are defeated by smoke.

Everything depends on their guidance system, the 114L has an ARH unlike other missiles.

I wasn’t claiming that they were/are, im simply saying fire and forget missiles on helicopters are a thing, and have been a thing for a while

There’s no reason to assume 114L’s would ruin the heli meta any more than it currently stands

1 Like

Block 2 can carry A2A Radar homing missiles. only block 3 got AESA ( April 2018)

edit: early blocks had the isreali Elta EL/M 2032 radar iirc
later then the KLJ-7A and then the AESA

They definitely would ruin GRB

1 Like

any more revelations for Air on the github before the devblogs drop?

1 Like

Unlikely, but you can never know.

2 Likes

Do you get high on praising Hellfire L so much?? Vikhrs will still be the meta like they were ever since 2019. Beamriding rules in this game. FnF missiles miss vital component of the tank like 60% of the time now. Also, Spike ERs have advantage over Hellfire L, and that is they would still be massively superior against helis. Since Hellfire L has the same underpowered motor as the Hellfire K. Spike can easily get kill on CLIMBING helis 7.5 away. Hellfire can’t even hit helis 4km away. We won’t get them. But please stop with this fearmongering when better missiles are already in the game.

2 Likes

He kinda has a point, right now PARS and Spikes do have a counter in IR smoke commonly found at top tier in smoke projectors aswell as hard cover, while also needing direct LOS from seeker to target to launch. MM wave radar munitions would knock that soft counter completely out. While Ks have run their course they are also slightly incorrect in some regards and there is also the P variant although im unsure of its usage on attack helicopters.

A-6SWIP will only make sense if it comes before AV-8B+ and is limited to AIM-9Ls

That is the Romanian EULA of leak lists probably

Are the three aircraft for this sub “tree” be the only ones or is there more planned for the update ?

I would be fine with the delay of the 114L, only if they gave the option to switch hellfire AOA

As it stands hellfires will never be able to compete, unless they’re given true to life changes, or a better version alltogether to make the grind actually worth a damn for the 64D

Leak lists never have everything.

2 Likes

So it’s got as many holes as Swiss cheese then lol

more important questions:
Are these three aircraft for this “subtree” all from the same nation?

Ls aren’t delayed they aren’t coming period, that continues to be gaijins position until stated otherwise.
Instead of hoping on the extremely unlikely I would start making bug reports.

They need to fix the autopilot, it’s terrible right now.
Compare the same AKD-9/10 for Chinese helicopters. Their missiles hit helicopters at long distances.

Not to mention TY-90’s, the most bullshit addition to any heli in the game

1 Like