Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

@Smin1080p_WT
On the introduction of the T-2 mitsubishi, the plane had gun target indicator, why was that removed?

I’ve got a better question, why were radar-gyro-gunsights removed, or rather, why are they not being brought back?

The ICE can only carry 2x AGM-65s and is better suited towards a CAP role. The Tornado gets nuked out the air immediately if there’s an attentive Pantsir. Haven’t used the EC Tiger so I can’t say how much it suffers, just know that using the PARS 3 must be really disappointing, if I can eat 2 of them and survive in a Pantsir.

3 Likes

Because it wasn’t balanced at the time.

Now it is, with the constant uptiers and all aspects around those brs.

Wasn’t it only removed past the addition of the F-1 even, way after the T-2 was a balancing issue?

I vaguely remember it being removed since the lead indicator is ahistorical, and instead it should be more like current radar lead calculation displaying the impact point rather than needed lead.

Which still leaves the question why it was removed, but never reworked and added back.

4 Likes

I don’t see the problem. Do you really think other nations (except for the US and USSR) are better off?

You are already lucky to get the plane to begin with though, so not much ground to complain about the plane being “gimped”.

2 Likes

T2 wasn’t balanced without it either at the time)

It wasn’t correct in the way it was implemented and removed from every aircraft that had it like that (I think one of the viggens had it too initially).

But it also was a balance consideration to not implement a lead indicator in that fashion.

2 Likes

Just like the Su-9 and Su-11, which still are waaay better then everything else.
And lets not forget the mig-15’s at 8.0

1 Like

All 3-4 Gripens (UK, Hungary, Sweden) shred and are a pain to deal with, since they’re so agile ; The French are fine as well with their Mirage 2000 5F and F16AM; Israel’s got the Barak, the Chinese aren’t struggling either with their JH7A. It’s really just Japan and Germany that haven’t got a proper competitor.

2 Likes

dev soon, right?

4 Likes

The whole reason it’s being added is to supplement that role until the Eurofighter rolls in. But by all means, I sure as hell won’t complain if they decide to drop the EF instead. Brimstone missiles would love to pay you a personal visit :)

And you are lucky to even get it. Gaijin could just as easily leave you with the F-4F for the next 6-9 months until we get the EFT. They are not obligated to give you a sub tree.

I’m sure the british would love their brimstones, but seeing as it ignores smoke it’s likely just as much of a no no as the AGM-114L for Gaijin.

Not sure what unbalanced about Su-9, Su-11 maybe though I’ve never played it, so idk. MiG-15 aren’t that easy to play from my experience, weapon is hard to aim and it maneuvers like a cow, I enjoy CL-13 mk.4 way more, maybe in good hands MiG is better, but for average player imo it’s not.
T-2 was above every other top tier upon the introduction, I remember how “fun” it was to play against it in G.91YS.

So, read through this and it’s gotten a bit confusing and muddled. Figure I may as well just ask folks to see if someone can give a more concise update. I basically just play ground, and I’m just curious if theirs a fairly solid idea of what the new ground vehicles are going to be, or what some of them are going to be.

Thanks for whatever information folks can provide. Also heres to hoping they bring back the M728 soon, I’m sure it’ll be back and I know HESH is meh, but I still look forward to getting to pick it up and mess around with the darn thing.

They weren’t obligated to give the British the SAAF Gripen, yet they did. They weren’t obligated to give the Italians the Hungarian subtree and yet they did. They weren’t obligated to give the French the Benelux subtree, and yet they did. Why should Germany’s treatment be any different?

All this does is follow Gaijin’s precedents.

3 Likes

doovbleg tomorrow??

@Smin1080p_WT probably gonna start a wild fire but are there any plans to expand upon helicopters for Japan and Sweden?