Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 2)

Their pilots trained in sweden and flew them iirc

Come back in December :D

Imo germany doesnt need the C which is what they flew. Especially when other service vehicles the swiss have owned can help bolster their ranks and i understand their frustration with flying a gen 3 frame vs gen 4 but theyve just gotta wait thats really all they can do.

Yeah, that too.
Not only would a swiss Gripen C be iffy, it also wouldn’t really make sense to add it instead of the swiss Hornet either

The gripen C is reuqested because of the CAS ability.

The swiss f/a 18c lacks cas capability, thats why we still are looking for solutions for the last problem

It does make sense for the CAS capability

I highly doubt the F-18C will come in an enjoyable state, if at all, this coming update.
Gaijin will find some way to justify the US one getting double the missiles and CMs, while the Finnish and Swiss ones fly like garbage or only get sparrows or some other nonsense nerf.

1 Like

In my opinion any new modern vehicles will not be enjoyable to play at all unless you GE it as you will be fully stock while you will be figting people that are spaded and send dozens aim-120 towards you. Wish there would be a different way to grind modifications for planes that doesn’t include flying for few minutes before dying and doing pretty much nothing.

1 Like

I agree, the gripen A was a pain to fully spade against Aim-120s.
I was more saying it would come into the game god awful, and be useless for a long time

1 Like

I doubt they would make their golden child at top tier (Sweden) suffer too much.

That would be sadly nothing new on snail part.

Myself i want to play these top tier jets, i wanna learn them. But in the current state that is top tier air where i saw video of guy take off, lauch all his 6x aim-120 and before he landed he got 6 kills? Yeah…i see no fun in that at all

1 Like

Can you tell me a amazing Swedish jet before Gripen?

2 Likes

Sweden is not the air golden child. In ground, yea, im not arguing with that. In air, no.
The gripen was great for 2 updates, but in the current meta, they are in a solid 4th place (JP-USA-ISR) and literally spent a year against F-16s in a fatter mirage 3. Your mid tier jets (10.0-12.3 )are miserable, especially 11.0+, and you stay flare-less on fighters till 11.3.

Im talking about air and ground. Tell me a nation that had a MBT in the top 2 for the last 4 years straight?

Sweden, only Sweden has done that so far.

1 Like

Plus not talking about Gaijin record of fucking up swedish jets…just need to take a look at Draken and Viggen how much their model was nerfed

1 Like

Germany as well. People seriously undersold the 2A6, stayed good from introduction to modern day.

1 Like

I agree with you that Swedish MBTs are among the best in the game (dont forget that they had for a long time best shell a DM33 before they finally got a good shell) But before Gripen came, Swedish air was shit…it still shit before you get Grippen. Only good CAS jet in Swedish air before Gripen is SAAB 105

1 Like

Plus “technically” 2A6 is better in few things then strv 122s as 122s are still a up armored 2A5. Which means different main gun and still gen 1 thermals.

2 Likes

Exactly. 2A6 still belongs in any german or swedish top tier lineup, no questions asked.

1 Like

They stayed good, but they were only top 2 for around 6 months. In 2020-2021 and are top 2 now.