Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

So no Flankers will be getting ARH’s then. Given how PESA still isn’t modelled in game, and it wouldn’t technically be the first PESA, I don’t see why they can’t just add it to the game. When PESA’s get modelled correctly, along with AESA’s, then just bump the BR up.

Also, F-15C and F-15J are basically guaranteed an AESA anyways, so again, I don’t see the problem with that.

I don’t think we will get uber late versions. APG-70 or APG-63V1 has much more chances to appear.

1 Like

Su-27SM. Like 29SMT but for Su-27. New RWR, some A2G options, R-77 capability. Upgraded N001 radar.

3 Likes

Isn’t the F-16 Block 50 literally the most advanced US F-16?

Also- April Fools is coming! How come no one is talking about that?

April Fools has been a quite big deal since Gaijin decided to use it as a test ground for new mechanics, vehicles, maps and modes since 2016.

3 Likes

constant modifications. e.g AESA retrofit

1 Like

I suppose since I’ve not heard even a single rumour about it.

PESA is modeled in-game on the Pantsir unless you meant aircraft radars

1 Like

I had two old posts suddenly flagged, so not sure what’s up with that.

2 Likes

They have Thailand for that now.

Oliviia suspects that the " extraction " gamemode is related to that, and WT Mobile recently added the assets for the "Flying Ponies in the Sky " event we had in ~2014 - probably to test the Air gamemode planned for their summer update. They already have aircraft up to the Q-5A even w/o a dedicated gamemode, and plan to add aircraft to the MiG-29 at least, according to their website. They might add aircraft planned to appear here before we get to them, like they did naval vessels.

I don’t really think about the Su-27SM at all, but this is technically correct, and would fill the gap if an F-18 or F-15C get added to the game. I still think PESA and AESA are being overblown as capabilities in game. Hopefully I/we can be proved otherwise, but as it stands, the few PESA’s in the game don’t even work properly so I’m not too hopeful.

And it doesn’t even work like a PESA and is BUGGY AS HELL. I think gaijin will have to visit the issue of PESA and AESA at some point, there’s no way they’re going to put something in a plane that works as crap as the Pantsir radar.

1 Like

Super Étendard has PESA radar

I predict this year gaijin might reconsider F-15C (2000) & F-15J MSIP (2005) with AN/APG-63(V)1 radar before F-15C with AN/APG-63(V)2 or AN/APG-63(V)3 AESA radar with JHMCS and F-15J MSIP (2010) with HMS

It spams up and down. I would say that the way it works is ok

Did only AESA equipped F-15s got JHMCS?

I really with they brought back walkable hangers

1 Like

The first thing I’m going to do when they implement that social feature of voting for the next vehicles you want to see in the game, I’m typing in “MiG-31”

huh. Something like that was on the road map?

The most recent roadmap devblog mentioned it iirc