Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

Look at my stats the only tank i have positive kd in is the 292

M8 you’ve answered you own question with you question

We arw not gonna repeat what already been said 1000 times by now

But we are gonna immediately “go haha look at his stats what lmaoo”?
He answered my questions honestly and explained my fault, why are you doing this after the conversation was over?
Anyway doesn’t matter, no point arguing over nothing. Good day to you.

If you want the real reason then fine,

1. Guided tech
  2. Better missiles
  3. Lower BR
  4. Germany could of gotten a nation that got a major presents already.
  5. British Hunter were over tiered for years.
  6. Do I need to go on ?

No, thank you for answering.

Boring, thank god it’s a ship event so I can take a break

1 Like

F-16I Soufa probably too with Python 4s+Derby.

I have a few suggestions that I believe would significantly enhance the gameplay experience:

1. Unified Severe Damage Mechanic:
Recently, the severe damage mechanic was introduced for planes, and I find it to be a substantial improvement over the previous system. My proposal is to extend this mechanic to both Ground and Naval battles. Consistency across all modes would create a more cohesive and engaging experience for players.

2. Helicopters in Naval Battles:
Helicopters play a crucial role in modern naval warfare. To reflect this, I recommend introducing more Naval variants of helicopters before diving into the realm of modern naval platforms. This change would not only add variety but also enhance tactical options for naval battles.

3. Submarines:
The introduction of submarines would be a game-changer for the Naval aspect of War Thunder. Coordinating their inclusion with the overall development plan would ensure a seamless integration and provide players with exciting new challenges.

Regards
Tubby

7 Likes

Gib to F-20 too plis

I’m just waiting for them to release a not high tier event vehicle so that I don’t need to get building event flashbacks when thinking about grinding for the upgrade coupon.

1 Like

Unlikely

Naval helicopters and submarines could make sense to be added together, but frankly it is in my opinion some problems with how to currently balance both. Submarines would need a whole new naval battle layout to function, given their speed.

But i am awaiting the introduction of submarines, the event was fun.

1 Like

1- Ground vehicles don’t need this as there’s no such thing as an inoperable tank outside all crew being dead.
Naval can add this for the <10% crew left.
Ground doesn’t need it though, just kill the tank…

We dont really have ships that could carry helicopters

Where is my refit cruise ship

Thats why i said it this way “introducing more Naval variants of helicopters before diving into the realm of modern naval platforms”

Thus the player can unlock said naval helicopter and make it useful before introducing the ship that could carry them - just give them a helipad or air spawn

Your distinction misses the point, and also you leave out the part of history where the CCP and ROC are at war with each other.

Spoiler

Thailand and Japan have had a good relationship for a while now, and it just so happens that Thailand uses Chinese export vehicles.
The CCP and the ROC don’t even have a smooth relationship, but the Chinese tech tree still gets to benefit from American technology and vehicles from the ROC, despite that fact that the CCP doesn’t have a smooth relationship with the USA either. It’s a double standard to want to keep these vehicles that originated from other nations in the tech tree but then complain when the same thing happens to Chinese vehicles.

Y’all need to realize that in the context of war thunder, politics matters very little, and if Thailand becomes a Japanese sub tree, then all of its vehicles can have the possibility of being added to Japan, and it’s not up to Chinese players to decide if that does or doesn’t include the two Chinese export vehicles they use, especially while many Chinese players enjoy the benefits of foreign vehicles within their own tech tree, even if said nations don’t always like that main Chinese government

I’m not gonna go deeper into politics on this thread as it’s not what it’s meant for, so this is my last post on this matter for the time being.

1 Like

Do we need ships that can carry Helis?

It’s more of a Gaijin move to add them as part of the TT and have them part of the line-ups than like scout planes some ships get.

Unless your arguing navel needs to completely enter the cold war, then fair.

1 Like

on Top of my previous suggestions i would also like:-

1. Customization Options:
  • Bushes Tracks and Sandbags: Allowing players to add camouflage elements like bushes, Tracks and sandbags to their tanks would be fantastic. These could provide both visual customization and functional benefits by improving concealment.

• New Camouflage Patterns: Expanding the range of available camo patterns would add variety and allow players to personalize their vehicles further. Historical patterns specific to each nation would be a great touch.

• Visible Crew Members: Having crew members visible in their respective positions (e.g., commander in the cupola, driver with the hatch open) would enhance immersion. It would also allow players to see their crew’s actions during battle.

• Uniform Matching: Ensuring that crew uniforms match the nation’s historical context is crucial. Authentic uniforms would contribute to the overall realism.

• Side Skirts: The ability to add or remove side skirts before the match starts (such as those found on tanks like the Tiger II) would be a neat addition. These skirts could provide additional protection or alter the tank’s appearance.

• Wear and Tear Slider: Implementing a better wear and tear slider would be fascinating. Players could adjust the level of battle damage, scratches, and rust on their vehicles. A pristine tank might look brand new, while a battle-worn one would tell a story.

• Crew Animations: More animations for crew members would breathe life into the game. Imagine seeing the loader frantically reloading the breach or the machine gunner adjusting their position during combat.

1. Historical Accuracy and Balance:
  • While customization is essential, maintaining historical accuracy and gameplay balance is crucial. Some customization options might need to be restricted based on the vehicle’s real-world characteristics.

• For example, certain tanks historically didn’t have visible crew hatches, so this feature could be limited to tanks where it makes sense.

1. Collaboration with the Community:
  • Engage with the player community to gather feedback on customization preferences.
  • Consider community contests for designing unique camo patterns or crew uniforms.
  1. Technical Challenges:
  • Implementing visible crew members and animations would require additional modeling and animation work.

• Side skirts might affect collision models, so careful testing and adjustments would be necessary.

5 Likes