Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

I don’t think Arkhangelsk can compare with the big seven. But indeed ,we don’t have much option. But eventually we will find out what will the ussr get when that day comes.

I wouldn’t mind the Stalingrad, I’d prioritize better fire control over higher caliber in some cases personally.

Object 195, destroyer of worlds my beloved

1 Like

Ah yes 1000mm pen APFSDS.
Russia definitely needs that.

1 Like

1000mm is probably an overestimated pen. Not saying that because I hate Object 195 or something, but I have never seen a single stat regarding rounds developed in that time period for Object to talk much about supposed pen.

While sure, 152mm greatly improves maximum possible length of projectile and its not first time USSR or Russia made 152mm rounds, 1000 is just way too much, after all you have to consider that by formula it can be completely different values.

1 Like

In this Passed to the Devs series, the vehicles we’ve seen leaked before are the Wessex HU.5 and H145M. Both were in the 2.7.0.55 modelling leak.

It 's also worth noting that IJN Yamato and the Type 101A Hamburg(D181) are in WT Mobile.

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s not.
The 1500mm HEAT claimed in the suggestion probably is, but 152mm APFSDS can definitely reach such values even in game.

Its a suggestion. T-80U had people suggesting it to come with 3BM32 (not even 3BM42, crazy), in game it firhad 3BM42, after a couple of BR changes it got 3BM46. Plus devs need information on round first to go through formula and well, the suggestion doesnt have any mention of names, codenames, GRAU indexes for any rounds but just cannons.

There is ofc “Grifel” series of rounds, Grifel-1/2. But we dont know all the things necessary IIRC.

1 Like

It’s a Russian tank mate, stuff can be made up if necessary.
Yak-141, 2S28, TURMS with 3BM42 etc.

None of the things you mentioned are made up.
At worst the Yak-141 was an unfinished fighter despite being an flight capable airframe.

1 Like

Merry christmas everyone

Btw new aircraft confirmed rrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee

3 Likes

What a goofy video

Quite fun

1 Like

Seems like it 's the only one of the new objects to have a model visible atm:

Actual textures aren’t loading on it for whatever reason.

Destroyed versions:

Spoiler

It 's in an interesting file location, representing currently as a static map object of the type found on ground maps rather than being w/ the interactable units in Air modes or WWM:

This contrasts w/ the other new assets modelled-beyond-textures, the ATACMS and S-75. Both of those are currently represented by ( placeholder ) stats as weapontypes, implying more ingame capability than being a map diorama object:

We’ll have to keep watching for how the rest of the new objects come in.

4 Likes

Gaijin. Where are my Type 60 SPRR and Na-To II. You promised me 7 years ago that they were coming later, but they still haven’t arrived yet.

We already have the Type 60 SPRR under the name Type 60 SPRG (C).

1 Like

you right, i was confused with these:

Spoiler

SS-1 KAI

SS-1

2 Likes

The M198 right now is already fully working placable object in LocEd, I would guess that we will see it on some new GF location. There are a lot of destroyed variations which further backs the GF asset idea.

To get working textures you need to:
Open - Enviromet settings (sun) > Enviroment textures > Level BLK > WarThunderCDK/levels > choose any blk file in there

1 Like

While I’m fairly confident that ARH will be introduced to the game this March, there’s two problems, each of which will piss off half of the playerbase or the other half.

If ARH is implemented into the current roster of 12.0’s and 12.3’s, they will utterly demolish 11.0-11.3 aircraft, as its already obvious now the higher you go up the research tree, the more punishing uptiers are. Uptiering existing aircraft to, say, 12.7-13.3 after being given their ARH missiles might also end up creating a BR gap where very few aircraft remain in the 11.7-12.3 gap left by the departure of many aircraft receiving ARH.

If ARH is only implemented in new variants of aircraft, people will (rightly) not be happy to be forced to grind a new vehicle to access AMRAAM’s/R-77’s when a perfectly capable aircraft already exists and is being artificially nerfed by not getting its missiles (ie F-16C block 50 or MiG-29SMT). In some trees however it will be obligatory to do this, such as Sweden and the addition of the JAS39C with AMRAAMs (as the JAS39A did not carry AMRAAMs), which might be unfair to them now if for certain nations you need a new plane for SARH, but others you can just use the old plane and grind the new module

Edit: just for perspective, I’m an air main who tries to play every nation fairly balanced but USSR is the one I’ve reached rank 8 in the first (otherwise I’m rank 7 Germany and Italy, rank 6 USA, rank 5 everywhere else)

1 Like

i hope they do it by giving it to low performance airframes first
F4 ICE
Sea Harrier FA2
AVB8+
Su39

4 Likes