Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

“Words are mightier than the sword”, so we made a flying pen.

1 Like

PEN? That looks like a bullet that collapsed into its casing and is about to spontaneously combust.

2 Likes

I think he means because the EF can carry more Meteors and more AAM’s in general. But yes Rafale will also be one of the top dogs. Gripen E too.

1 Like

The Russian federation purchased multiple Damocles pods from Thales, so it’s not impossible to get good Western optics on the planes that can use it.

Su-30MKM can use the Damocles, Su-30MKI can use Litening 4, as they ordered 164 of them in 2016.

F-15E vs Su-30M is, for CAS purposes, a 2400kg difference. Yes, more ordinance, but guided ordinance will be as effective as the other for the purposes of Ground RB. At top tier (not 10.0 with the TRAM) I don’t see most planes survive more than 2 or 3 drops at most. I have yet to see an eagle driver in top tier either, where we could kind of get a preview of what that would look like with the A. As far as I can tell you’re looking at a maximum of 11 GBU-12’s without drop tanks on the E (5,500lbs of ordinance). Assuming you don’t burn through a ton of fuel getting up into the stratosphere to try to bomb stuff, you are not going to have tanks if you take all 11. Let’s say you take 2 tanks, so you can hover above everyone, and you’re down to 9 GBU-12’s. You would have to A2A pylon slots, and you could take 2x120’s and 2 9M/X/whatevers. I believe you could exchange the tanks, as well as load the center pylon with larger sized GBU’s too. A very respectable loadout, but can it really hang around for 9-11 GBU drops? I don’t think that will happen often.

The Su-30 (MKM, MKI, and/or 30M with Damocles), could carry 3 KAB-1500L’s and 3 KAB500KR’s (which I assume could be L’s as well), that’s a payload of 6000kg. 4 R-73E’s is what it would have for defense. Swap the centerline KAB out and you have 2 R-77-1’s. If you want to switch to a guided missile load out then you could go for 2 R-77-1’s, 4 R-73E’s, 6 Kh-29TE’s. Should get about as much time to drop, if not more depending on the matchmaker for SPAA.

TL;DR: Will the Su-30 have a raw bombing loadout for CAS? No. Will it have a competitive loadout? Absolutely.

2 Likes

Mmh… EF is 6 afaik (plus probably others missiles) , latest variants of Rafale can use 6x Meteors, and some MICAs more afaik.

So they sound similar to me.

Most comon A2A loadout used seems to be 2x Meteor and 6x MICAs, but internal wing point can carry meteor.

2 Likes

EF is compatible over a theoretical maximum of 8 hardpoints with Meteor (not done because thats like 1 million pounds worth of METEOR’s) plus current carriage of 4 IR missiles but that may increase to 6 as there are dual racks currently in the works by diehl and also by HAL/ASTRA for ASRAAM on the Tejas.

Newest Rafale standard is integrated across 6 pylons for Meteor, I think it can carry 4 Meteor plus 4 MICA.

To be fair though, they may say that as the EF has never publicly carried the Meteor on this pylon, they will limit it to the 6 which there are pictures of. But the Meteor was enabled for carriage across all AMRAAM compatible pylons.

4x Meteor + 2x MICA or 2x Meteor + 6x MICA (picture) is the current maximum - If more Meteors are possible is not known / public.

3 Likes

I think 2Meteor and 6 MICAs would be the best for WT anyway, i doubt when we gonna reach these planes the maps would be that different, and the MICAs would be less situationnals while still reaching parts of the map

Without talking about the crazy mix of A2A/CAS loadout possible that make me drooling

Résumé

1 Like

Su-34 has a built in imager, LTPS “Platan”. Third gen laser designator and RF, TV(thermal) channel as well.

The Su-24M has the Kaira-24. It’s the same as the MiG-27K, but I can’t tell from the gun-cam footage I’ve found on YouTube if it’s thermal or just low-channel color. Happy to get input on it, will post video in spoiler below.

Su-25SM3 has not come to the game yet, but that would have SOLT-25 which would be placed in the same dimensional area as the prior KLEN-PS system that is in the other Su-25’s in game.

Spoiler

This text will be hidden

Su-24(M?) drops KAB-500L, and the targeting site footage shows the hit. If this is the same Kaira, maybe a bug ticket is in order for the MiG-27K (M too?) for it to have a thermal channel instead of regular color?

Edit: SOLT-25 is Thermal.

1 Like

It seems I was not clear enough in my original post, the qualifier " worst " I used there was in reference to the 29SMT 's air-to-air capabilities. Since the models K and M / 35 are available and would make it redundant it in that role, while also having equivalent or superior a2g capabilities, the most likely course for the SMT is that it will not receive any upgrades for a2a. Instead, it would be retained at it 's current position to make advanced CAS capabilities using this series of aircraft easier to fit into mixed battles.

I talked a great deal abt submarine voicelines already, so I’ll limit to missile dialogue in this post:

VM 573 " voice_message_officer_zrk_ready " is notable, since none of the current NF missilesystems have a prep sequence - they’re always ready-to-fire until reloading. This one may be for the naval Strela 's in the files for URSS and DE and other similar systems, which would need to lock on target before tracking/launching.

Once again, having separate lines for launching SAM 's and launching missiles is worth mentioning - this would be relevant when ships having multiple kinds of missile are in use.

The lines for noticing when an enemy missile is itself locking onto the player 's vessel, separate from the lines for noticing when the enemy vessel has achieved lock, might be related back to developments implied via WT Mobile: [Coming Soon] Meet Rank V and missile ships! - War Thunder Mobile - Online Military Action Game - Play for Free

We have the Exocet in the files, and so do they. They also had naval chaff countermeasure loadouts in the files, these icons in the devblog are not yet present there( but soon will be )
imageimage

And of course, evidence for Hamburg being developed was found here in WT years ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/phz8fh/28024_28031_changes/?rdt=51247

2 Likes

Aside from better munitions, Russian 29s will never regain their lightweight performance. Even the 29M and 35 are tonnes heavier than the 29G.

with tonnes more of thrust tho
+thrust vectoring

Additional AAM hardpoints also.

Only the OVT has TVC and it would have some limitations compared to the 35M.

they didnt?

As a reminder once again, the BP is ending in 10-11 days as I posted this comment. I would assume on Jan 19 we will start to see the devs.
I would like a Chinese gunboat - albeit this is way too much to ask for. The type 037 is way too beefed up but the type 061 is a good idea.
For level 50 I would assume they would go for a retextured spitfire, and for level 75, I would guess it would be a prototype tank and since there are British and Russian ones already, there could be an American prototype.

3 Likes

When in doubt, consult the Oracle. (Gszabi spreadsheet.)

1 Like

They gained several tonnes in comparison to the 9.12/13 series 29s.

MiG-29M is several tonnes heavier in dry mass and the MiG-35 has a higher gross - meaning the more fuel and weapons it carries weighs it down naturally.

they didnt got tonnes, they got 600kg

also i mean in wt not irl

29M and 35 isn’t in the game yet.