Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

edited

What the heck gone off here I was gone for only a bit to play Minecraft : o

I think what has let this nation pushing is that Gaijin has it so even the most basic of mods could be added as a new vehicle.

So things like Gun, Engine or Track changes are enough. Not to mention even licensed-built stuff are considered different vehicles (Tho part of the same family. see Canadair Sabers (CL-13))

Add in the fact that prototypes are fair game and the number of stuff to be added is huge.

1 Like

We kinda took over the discussion about new nations from you lol

2 Likes

I keep seeing more and more people saying they don’t want more nations.
I mean how are they going to keep the money flowing ?

There are so many sub trees that can be added to a nation before the just end up totally over taken.

Then they say oh just add more top tier premiums.

While totally forgetting people moaned to hell with the recent click bait being added.

So no new nation, no new top tier premiums, how on earth will the game keep up ?

2 Likes

Would be hilarious to go from 7TP to Twardy in one line.

I’ll lay my cards on the table.

I care about 4 nations which exist in game.

Soviets have loads of interesting vehicles. (T-35, SU-100Y, Object 120, Khrizantema-S)
Britain has loads of pain.
China also has loads of interesting vehicles. (Type 62, ZTS63, Object 122, QN506, WZ1001)
Italy has loads of interesting vehicles. (VCC80/60, SIDAM, VBC, OTOMATIC)

So that should say a bit about what’s interesting to me. The others are generally boring, for meta-slaves or for nationalists to fulfil their fantasies.

Just watch how it happens to Britain.

That’s… quite the statement

2 Likes

Poland talk got out of control leading us to the only rumor talk we have/hasn’t been done to death New Nations

It is effect the only rumour we have that we don’t have the answer for.

So we will be on the next nation topic until the leak lists start to show up.

4 Likes

I just love even when sub trees are added people say they don’t want the SAAF Gripen being in Britain.
Even though they want sub tree lol

1 Like

The fact is at the end of the day, War Thunder is perfectly set up to give under-resented nations what they deserve.

With the low bar for what’s considered a variant and Gaijin’s love of Copy-and-Paste, so many more nations are possible I just listed what had decent domestic stuff/variants to offset the C&P in my big nation list a few posts earlier.

1 Like

Aside from the fact I’m anti-nationalist.

National trees stop making sense when lots of equipment is just imported anyway, Armored Warfare got it right by not tying a research tree to a nation.

The national tree idea makes sense in world war two where almost every nation made their own equipment and tended to have quite limited imports.

But it makes little sense after the cold war.

I don’t object for some silly national purity reason or something, but mostly fear the British tree might not see CVR(T) and other cool stuff since to box is ticked now. Would be very reassuring to see even a single tree with 6 lines.

There’s just something pleasant about how the British tree would look if it literally only contained all the rubbish nonsense like FV721 Fox and so on, or Orange William.

I like to see as many vehicles as possible at basically any cost.

1 Like

Pardon me but to say there were only limited exports is a hilarious statement.

I assure you, I am anti-nationalist too, but national tech trees are simply how the game is structured and copy paste isn’t so much an issue as people make it out to be nor would it be so dominant in the majority of the nations that are likely to still make it to the game.

4 Likes

Yea I even see people claiming that even the Benelux tree would be worsen than Sweden mainly just post war things which is just laughable

1 Like

At least amongst the first nations implemented there is relatively low cross-pollination compared to the more modern trees. Every NATO MBT is basically designed to do almost exactly the same thing, there’s very low variety in doctrine and requirements. Same guns, same composites, similar engines. Much more monotonous compared to interbellum and world war 2.

A fact I lament.

I sort of agree. I just hope Gaijin focuses on unique parts wherever possible. Like how we sadly have only T-72M1 in finland with no FINMOD 1, 2 or 3 yet. Still loads of Soviet T-55 and T-62 variants missing. Just a huge amount of stuff missing. I prefer they focus on as many ultra-unique vehicles first and foremost.

2 Likes

I like the National Trees. Especially considering the fact being Gaijin has been using them to represent everything that the nation used. hence the fact we’ve had more than one C&P the update now.

over just tech they built.

1 Like

I like some part of it when it made Germans a bit mad like KF41, where Germany doesn’t get it because they don’t use it.
It’s a double standard to give vehicles that a nation just doesn’t use to a tree, but it bothers me when they bend over backwards like the SK105 drama.

It’s really annoying seeing certain nations getting dispensation just due to loud mobs.
Dispensation indicates a rule is bad but for some reason it’s still adhered to without good reason.
There shouldn’t ever be dispensation, just rule reform.

I’m well aware of Gaijin’s lack of rules. It is part of the CF-18 debate that is still softly going on.

I think it should be

• User first
  • Builder second

If there is a nation that used it or a nation that said nation makes more sense is in the game then they should get it. If not it goes to the builder nation/the one that originally made that family of vehicles.

3 Likes
  1. Never have fun at anyone else’s expense.
  2. Have fun.

fun

:3

I’m serious though, fun stuff is important and the game has a bit too much tryharding. Lots of joysucking mechanics.

Would be nice if bomber auto-turrets worked properly at normal ranges. Even an inexperienced player has little trouble to shoot down a bomber at like 1.1km, so why do plane turrets only open fire at about 600m and only on an aced crew? Why is base bombing so efficient for grind but bombers are so punished and forced to be pinatas? It’s not like fighters even get much RP out of it, it’s not very fun to shoot down a near-defenceless plane.

All symptoms of how much the sheer difficulty and duration of the grind sucks joy from the game.
It’s not even a zero-sum game. Depending on the BR, you are rewarded less than the SL/RP you deny the enemy or force them to pay in repairs and re-armament. Literally a black-hole where things disappear at higher BRs.

This is a fictional economy, no need to replicate real-world scarcity. Give players huge buckets of RP and SL just for failing upwards, but also reward skill and good play, nobody has to lose.

Are there any leaks at all?