Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

J35XS anyone?

I’m not sure Myech is PESA. I have a feeling that document is old enough, based on the little I know about the EF, that it’s probably referring to the Flanker we currently have in game. 27SM, 30, 30M, and beyond all have some version of the Bars radar, which is the first true PESA for the Flanker, those all basically came out around the late 90’s, so I believe that would be into Tranche 2 of the EF, no?

MKI is the first Flanker-H, minus nation specific electronics, it’s the exact same plane as the Su-30SM. Canards, TVC, Bars (upgraded to Irbis later).

Eurofighter officially entered service in 2004 so it would be Tranche 1. The main thing would likely be the Flanker being huge, this document directly compared Flanker detecting Eurofighter with Eurofighter detecting Flanker so its very much a case of which is huge and which isn’t in addition to radar quality.

Ahhh I see, I presumed in russian service it would be called the M or something.

These still use N001 (V / V(E)P) with new fire-control. Su-30SM, Su-35 and SU-35S use PESA (and some demonstators but yea).

1 Like

Sure. But I would venture to say the radar they compared with was the Myech, not Bars, so I think you’d have to do a different comparison to 30SM and 35 and the few SM3’s still around.

1 Like

Yeah probably I ain’t got a clue I should probably find the document now as it would be useful.

Edit: Found it

Spoiler

Eurofighter Typhoon - Germany's Best Fighter Jet - #92 by Fireball_2020

Based on the ‘slotback’ designation im assuming it refers to the Flanker-SK from 2002?

Regular JA37D with AIM-120B would be better anyway. Meteors would only uptier it beyond its capabilities. Could always be added as a squadron veh

Although I have a dislike of Sweden’s ground tree, their air tree is rather nice and would do with a squad vehicle

but we are far from meteor

Meteor would be the best ARH missile in the game even if the 260 gets added

Who says it needs to have meteor? Give it an AMRAAM instead

That is an option actually.

1 Like

gaijin can add another thrust vectoring system since it’s a russian vehicle

is this a page from a manual? Seems like it’s a export restricted document. “SECRET UK EYES A”
https://history-commons.net/artifacts/2547189/instructions-for-the-use-of-the-marking-uk/3569734/

I’d say with certainty it isn’t, its been on the Eurofighter thread for a LONG time, its been up for waaaayyy too long to possibly be export restricted.

Still I would recommend you to recheck it. There were many classified stuff floating on the forum for years such as the manuals of T-69IIG

1 Like

Probably, but there’s been mods active in that forum for a long time, i’d very much expect it would’ve been taken down otherwise. Nevertheless, i’ll instead link the comment and remove the picture.

1 Like

A reminder apparently that the Viggens could mount the AIM-4, cause why not?

wasn’t their DA7 manual on the forums that got taken down

Yes but that got taken down in like minutes.