Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

Woah. I’ve never knew such Revell model existed.

1 Like

Yep, what I meant…at that exact moment in time, they were neither friend nor foe. But could have gone either way

The best way to do this is to make operator nations independent of their TT for sim, and the faction is decided through the majority of lineup, while the rest cannot be spawned. For example, a lineup with Finnish majority will be teamed with the axis and a Swedish majority will be teamed with the allies. Same for PACT vs NATO cases like Bundeswehr and NVA, Italy and Hungary, China and Taiwan etc.
There should be more distinctive historic periods as well: WW2, Late WW2, Early CW, Late CW, Post CW. - Adding a new time period where only the post-reunification Germany and Russian vehicles(which are not soviet) can be played for those two trees.
But at the end of the day, there are still a lot of vehicles that causes ambiguities. Delphine, KV-1B(FIN), Germany-captured allied design, and tiran/ZSU in Israel. These vehicles can still be played, but to reduce frustrating for IFF, friendly fires on them does not cause punishments. So they can be played like false flag.

3 Likes

I was of course aware, this “proposal” of mine was a joke.

Fair enough. I do wonder when Britain is going to get the German WW1 fleet as it was captured and taken to Scarpa flow

:p

1 Like

This could be further extended to define what is a false flag vehicle, limiting their spawn to one per player per game, and have minor mechanics such as not being able to be scouted unless close, and rewarding some extra SL as an award when destroying a false flag tank.

1 Like

That will result in Strasbourg, Colbert, Algérie and Marseillaise (which scuttled at Toulon in '42) going to Ger; an equivalent exchange :p

By this logic does that mean banglesdesh gets every ship ever, since thats where most of them end up?

1 Like

Armament is a bit different, Murmansk will have the best AA for its class in the game

Specs

Specifications

Displacement:

7,050 tons (standard)

10,460 tons (full load)

Length:

555 ft 6 in (169.4 m) (overall)

Beam:

55 ft 4 in (16.9 m)

Draft:

13 ft 6 in (4.11 m)

Installed power:

90,000 shp (67,000 kW)

12 × Yarrow boilers

Propulsion:

4 × shafts

4 × geared steam turbines

Speed: 35 knots (65 km/h; 40 mph)

Range: 6,500 nmi (12,000 km; 7,500 mi) at 10 knots (19 km/h; 12 mph)

Complement:

458 total

Sensors and Systems:

1 x SK radar

2 x SG radars

2 x Mark 3 radars

Armament:

Primary armament:

4 x 6-inch/53 (152mm) Mark 12 guns, Mark 16 Mounts (2 x 2)

6 x 6-inch/53 (152mm) Mark 12 guns, Mark 13 Mounts (6 x 1)

Secondary Armament:

6 x 3-inch/50 (76mm) Mark 10 DP guns (6 x 1)

AA Armament:

6 x 40mm/56 Bofors AA guns (3 x 2)

12 x 20mm/70 Oerlikons AA guns (12 x 1)

Torpedo tubes:

6 x 21 inch (533mm) torpedo tubes (2 x 3)

Armor: (same as ships already represented in-game)

Aviation facilities:

2 x catapults

2 x seaplanes (OS2U Kingfishers)

1 Like

I mean, find any museum, and it probably got a portion of every tech tree in game. I can walk through the central military museum in Beijing and find Soviet(T-62 lol), American, Italian(Nationalist L3), British(GR3),
and Japanese techs.
Bovington also has like, T-62s, type 59, L3(with a flamethrower), panzer III, IV, tiger, panther, jagdpanther, T-34 etc.

By that logic every nation with a tank museum IRL can have whatever inside it.

I don’t know this leak true or fake, but RAAF never ordered F/A-18C/D models

For USA tech tree, I guess maybe F/A-18A or F/A-18D Early 80’s

Its not a leak list he said its just his guess.

I will be very unhappy if the Leopard 3105 comes as a GE premium

2 Likes

I like that they decided to name their crappy 3rd hand knock off Leo the Leopard 3

I mean, we really didn’t want to do it. If French Admiral (who I forget the name of) had been co-operative my understanding is we probably wouldn’t have bothered.

Though, while I understand how the French hate the British, I have little to no understanding as to why they would not sail their fleets to allied ports, particularly after Britain had affirmed its willingness to continue fighting “alone” (in reality not, since the Commonwealth did exist as did half of Europe’s forces in exile)

Problem was we had no idea whether the French Navy would pull a Toulon and scuttle their entire navy should the Germans roll over the border.

However, the French Navy being in German hands was an unacceptable risk, seeing as that would put the Kriegsmarine on par with the Royal Navy, and give them a half decent chance of breaking themselves and the Italians in and out of the Mediterranean.

Plus, as the saying goes, if you want something done, best do it yourself.

To pre-empt any other would be boat stealers, no Russia you are not getting Royal Sovereign.

Still waiting for them to get that at least a year before we do

Its kinda like the nuclear bombings for us.

Logically, when you really think about them, they make sense. But its a nasty logic to get there, and one you dont come back from.

It’s the name of the turret, the Cockerill 3105

Yeah. The estimated death toll from both Nuclear strikes was less than that from a conventional firestorm bombing raid on Tokyo the week before and the estimated death toll from a land invasion was something like 3 million allied personnel, that doesnt even include japanese civilian/military casualties.

I think the Nuclear bombings are the only reason there is even still a nation called Japan today