Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

https://marine-flieger.de/flugabwehr/roland
Seems like it was in service with the Luftwaffe as well.

Was, they arenr anymore i think

it honestly looks like an analog horror page lol, but that’s actually very interesting there is even info about the computation equipped in the truck

Will we have a part 3 before the next devblog drops?)

Yes, but we must hurry.

I agree

Cracks fingers

So… Singapore F-15 for Britain this update then?

5 Likes

Acceptable. If it was an Indian Su-30MKI my sympathy would become suffering (I’d have to play UK too).

Anyone have a balanced opinion on where an early Su-34 might end up?

I dont know my soviet aircraft. Quick run down on specs?

Su-27, but side-by-side seating, imroved ECM, SAPSAN thermal pod, not quite as fast as the Su-27, but fast enough. Guided TV and Laser weapons, rockets, unguided stuff… can do ARM, cruise missiles, and anti-ship as well.

Basically the became what the Su-24 was meant to be. Specs vs. Tornado IDS below:

20231205_012033

5 Likes

TT wise? I see it in the Su-17 line or even Su-25T line due to its role
BR wise? afaik even basic Su-34 carried R-73 and R-77 so it would be same BR as Su-27SM if that ever comes, maybe .3 lower

1 Like

Sounds like a late Tornado IDS equivalent then. Something that would match something like the Tornado Gr4, which I reckon would be about 12.7 (maybe 13.0 with ASRAAM)

1 Like

What does the UK use now that the Tornado is retired from service?

Typhoon FGR4 and F-35B

Typhoons proved to be highly capable in Op. Shader in Syria in 2015 providing CAS and conducting airstrikes. (more so than the Tornado Gr4s at times.)

FGR4 can carry Storm Shadow and Brimstones

Typhoon by Mike Sutton is a good read if you are interested in that kind of thing

1 Like

Fighting ASRAAM at 11.7 sounds dreadful…

Thats why I said ASRAAM at 13.0. But 2x ASRAAM, limited intergration. I think it would be needed for a platform like the Tornado Gr4 to survive for more than 10 seconds vs Late F-15s and Typhoons, etc

Whats the MTOW and ordnance weight carried on the Typhoon FGR4?

Sorry, MTOW?

Maximum* Take Off Weight.