Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

That, I am not surprised about, Im guessing they’ll just use Aim-9M in place of Aim-9L/i for now to reduce workload.

I’d assume something like the A-200C would be a lower BR version of the Tornado Gr4 and ASSTA3.1 (or maybe same BR if those dont get Gen 5)

I think and I could be totally wrong, there is 3 different variants of Aim-9L with an IRCCM seeker. With each better than the last.

I suspect we’ll get the GR.4 for Britain and the ASSTA3 for Germany with AIM-9Ms and Li’s respectively.

Maybe.

In the Tornado Gr4s case, the primary A2G weapon it would receive (or at least I hope it would receive) is Brimstone, Normal operation it could carry up to 12, but I think 18 is possible. To balance that kind of A2G loadout, I see quite a high BR, maybe too high for Aim-9L/i to be even remotely suffecient. It is why I suspect it will get ASRAAM. With a max of 2 missiles and limited intergration, they would not be as strong as they would be on something like the Typhoon. They would not be able to lock at extreme angles for example. An ideal candiate for an early adopter

The A200C has a very good Number of weapons to be on the level with GR4 and ASSTA3. The Tornado that is lacking in the weapons department Is the ASSTA3, since It only have GBU24, GBU54, unguided bombs, Taurus and IRIS-T

I was thinking more in terms of A2A weapons, and less A2G. As Gr4 could have ASRAAM, ASSTA3.1 could have IRIS-T but it appears only Aim-9L/i

Though, if they all had the same class of A2A missiles, (Aim-9L/i / Aim-9M respectively) then yes, you are probably right

should F-4E get GBUs with Pave Spike or Aim-7F?

Well since the Tornado Is a CAS I Will take into account mainly the air to ground weapons ro decide it’s placement

True, though A2A and A2G need to be at least to a certain degree, in balance. Brimstones could be very powerful for A2G, which is why I assume a high BR and thus ASRAAM as a result as a result of that BR.

As a result, the A2G power of the A200 might be restricted to help keep it at a more managable BR for its A2A weapons

Though it is difficult to judge currently as the Tornados we have are so incomplete

I guess Tornado F.2 TIARA limited 4x AIM-9L could be 10.7 BR min to rank VII or 12.3 ~ 12.7 BR max in rank VIII if armed ASRAAM

1 Like

YEAH WOW another 9L slinger at 10.7 and there are other planes at that br with worse missiles.

1 Like

Well as the Tornado alredy work in game, the air to air Is Just defensive and not a priority
And even If a Better air to air missile will be required there Is Always this picture

Tranche 1 is cool. Everey series produced Eurofighter is.
F-106 is cool F-11F-1 or -2 would be cool. Vought 507 Vagabond probably woiuld be.

But a Eurofighter prototype would be somewhat underwhelming. Same programme but a less capable aircraft just to bring in the type earlier.

DA2 would either be very close to a Tranche 1 Eurofighter or far off the mark where I would rather fly a Mirage 2000, MiG-29 or F-16 because the DA-2 would fly with Spey or TurboUnion engines lacking radar etc.
When Eurofighter comes I want it to perform. A late DA2 likely would but then Tranche 1 would be more reasonable.

1 Like

the Gr4 would be kinda bad with just the 9M as it will be like 12.7 because of brimstones

Praying to the snail for dovbleg today
halal-pray

12 Likes

Praying to the snail for low tier boat dovbleg today
halal-pray

13 Likes

im not a rumor round up schizo but

halal-pray

14 Likes

RHIB with 50cal. BR2.7

2 Likes

I too pray for Dovbleg

halal-pray

11 Likes

This is totally irrelevant to Gaijin’s decision making but to correct some misapprehensions here.

1. Officially the monarch appoints on advice of the Prime Minister. Which sounds like the monarch is in charge. In reality the monarch signs off on whoever is publicly put forward by the PM. Doing otherwise risks causing pro-Republican sentiment.

2. Not since the partition of the Australian constitution. In the UK Parliament is sovereign. In Australia the constitution binds Parliament. Prior to the partition the Australian constitution was an act of the British Parliament. So in theory Parliamentary sovereignty was preserved. After the partition that was no longer true, which meant the crown was no longer fully sovereign in Australia. Elizabeth was apparently not happy about this and didn’t want to grant royal assent. But at the time the Australian PM was a republican, so he just called her bluff and moved forward anyway and she chose to sign rather than hand the Australian republican movement a smoking gun for why the monarchy should be removed.

3. Its two crowns held in personal union. Similar to how the English and Scottish crowns worked before the Act of Union. Australia can change the law of succession at any time to result in a different monarch. There was a bunch of diplomatic cat herding to get the Commonwealth to all change their succession law at the same time to make it so first born women would be first in the line of succession.

Still utterly irrelevant to Warthunder but theres the day’s lesson about Australian politics and constitutional history.

2 Likes

More love for Low (Br and Rank) would be nice, for both air and Ground.

1 Like