Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

I thought that was a F-86 for a min lmao

I think the response was something along the lines of they weren’t sure if it could carry live bombs or they weren’t sure if it could carry a fixed gun.
Which… I’m pretty sure Japan uses live ordinance for training just like the US. And there are other “strike” aircraft that don’t have guns too if that was the issue.

T-1B is definitely an aircraft, but I wouldn’t consider it a true alternative because the armement barely exists.

1 Like

You do not know that.

Really hard to say at this point, the Battle of the Atlantic Type 7 is listed as a Bluewater(hidden) while the Silent Thunder nuclear ones were Coastal(unused). Could go any of three ways.

The interesting thing is, we have more evidence for postwar subs than we do for prewar ones. The latter possibility mostly hinges on the presence of the american S-class 's torpedo in the files, while the former has the 53-39PM and Type 89(1989) going for it:

And there 's the submarine selection in WT Mobile to consider also, the earliest sub there is … the very same Type 7 we’re using in the ongoing event:

While a number of others there are postwar:

^Whiskey-class, Foxtrot-class, Tang-class USS Tang

That should be how it works according to the file, " kill " depth is 110metre while 60 to 100m are listed as different steps of " danger ". The fact that 60m is currently crush-depth is probbly either an intentional part of the event, or an overtuned progressive damage modelling.

1 Like

Two 750lb bombs would be better than the single 800kg that the R2Y2s get. Though it could only get a single .50 cal instead of the 30mm row.

it could be Christmas event reward lol. I can see smin now, “Event vehicles are part of the tt.”

Again i would actually play naval if there were submarines, just cuz that gameplay interests me.

Also i think it would help naval a lot by changing the “big ships eat small ships” dynamic to “big ships eat small ships eat submarines eat big ships” which would make the balance a lot more healthy, and maybe allow br to move to being decided by era rather than just ship size.

Also any injection of new players into naval would go a long way.

2 Likes

These are some of the armaments i found a while back tho sadly no source to this

Spoiler

1 Like

That wouldn’t be bad actually.

1 Like

Though saying that since the RAAF F/A-18 is worse than the regular ones I guess it’s a good Squadron pick for the US.

As a dedicated ground attacker in rb a single .50 is fine with 2 750 lbs. bombs.

I think the strikemaster is a trial run for such aircraft.

Ah, @gszabi99_HUN updated their unused asset resource
( https://gszabi99.github.io )

I know it 's not the most interesting thing to talk abt, but does anyone else ever notice how many ships are missing their expanded depth charge loadouts ? Some have literally dozens less than they’re modelled as being able to carry.

Well, w/ subs in the mix maybe that’ll change.

2 Likes

They better.

Cuz i plan to be a menace in my gato class.

(Though they wouldnt need any at all if i use my actual favorite submarines, the k-class…)

This Soviet one ?

Considering you’ll be too slow to affect the battle you’ll only be a menace to yourself

2 Likes

No.

The British one.

AKA

The Kalamity Boats
The Lawn-Darts
The Killer Class
The Boats with Too Many Holes
The Suicide Club

Possibly the only submarines ever built whose implosion depth was half its own length.

1 Like

Seen a documentary on those
The K-Class truly is the submarine class of all time

3 Likes

It existed.

Thats about the most positive thing you can say about it.

(K-13/K-22 my beloved. Mannaged to sink herself twice while never seeing combat once.)

1 Like

There’s only one Sub that I want …
Surcouf
800px-Surcouf_FRA

5 Likes