Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

wishing that bmpt and obj 640 never become premiums

Since the Su-39 is the most powerful variant of the Su-39, I’m expecting Gaijin to either add it to the tech tree with R-27s (and mayhaps R-77s) under the name Su-25TM or Su-39 Late.

Thing has a ground radar IRL. It’s absolutely hilarious how bad of a situation that it’s in.

theyve stated they want to add a better version, which would be the sm3

Flame tanks, rocket launcher tanks/trucks, stuff like the Matilda Hedgehog and unconventionally armed vehicles like the Sea Vixen and F-89D are completely fine as premiums tbh

Whats annoying is that they gave it ground radar but never bothered to add that to any other jet.

1 Like

The Su-39 is the most powerful variant, so adding an SM3 wouldn’t alleviate the issue.

doesnt tornado get one?

also i wouldnt say we need them, as they cant distinguish between allies or dead tanks

Yeah, I agree, those mechanics make them unique/different, but not P2W. Sea Vixen is tricky to place in the TT with no guns, but I would like to see the FAW1 with its intergrated rocket pods

1 Like

Only the Marineflieger, and it’s limited to ships as targets

I feel like you keep bringing the AJ up as some gotcha but it was clearly a one-off situation that doesn’t set any precedent.

Japan needed a top tier aircraft that had guided munitions. They didn’t need a new tech tree. The AJ proposal while just paper was still the ideal solution for that goal. Especially because should they change their mind in the future, they can remove it.

To which again I’d point out that the AJ was added for ground RB first and air RB second. The Q and A’s leading up to it have pointed out that Japan was getting something multi-role focused as they lacked it at top tier compared to other nations, including Britain.

There’s XF-2 which if they go with the APG-68 route would be somewhere between the F-16C and AJ as it’s based off the block 40 F-16C. Which is another reason I think AJ was for ground RB needs because even the XF-2A doesn’t have guided ground munitions.

In general though, it’d go a long way to recognize why the AJ was added given the context of its addition, instead of looking at it as “Japan gets fake plane, everyone else should too”. We didn’t ask for the AJ either, but we see why Gaijin did it.

2 Likes

It should have one, but at the moment the radar is ACM/SEAM only. No ground capabilies at all. Thats what I find so annoying. Its one of many missing features on teh TOrnado that is already in the game

Unless you mean the naval radar on the MFG then kinda

They gave it R-73 months after its release, so it’s still able to get new stuff. I potentially expect them to try to resell it with the addition of fox-3 even if it’s not right away.

1 Like

That would be horrible.

1 Like

What can you do lol

Unfortunately, not much.

Only because R-73s also came to the non TT versions at the same/lower BR and 2x IR missiles is relatively minor for a ground attacker. New Ground attack weapons, even something relatively minor like thermal Tpod could have far greater impact in the long run

I doubt it will ever get R-27ERs or R-77s not without BR increases which is complicated for a premium (heck Britain has been asking for L26 + a BR increase to 10.3 for the Chally DS for a while now, and they still refuse to do it)

Im expecting a second Su-39 to allow for further additions

I don’t, I expect the next one to be the Su-25SM3 then they’ll stop until probably the Ukrainian modifications.

That wouldn’t solve the issue of the best variant being a premium, however.

Which shouldnt come to the soviet TT, not for a long while, especially not whilst the war is active and even then, hopefully they’ll either go to their own tree or maybe a Polish tree.

I just dont see teh Su-39 getting R-27ERs or R-77s not without a BR increase up to 12+ at least. and that is just not going to happen for a Premium