Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

reasons planes like the Typhoon have little “pet” pods they can drag behind them to distract radar signals

3 Likes

I will also use a example from the F.3 Foxhunter Stage 3 CSP upgrade
Why would they upgrade ECM resistance if PD was ignoring them?

4 Likes

True, Just something I think remember Gunjob saying on ECM effectiveness that PD mitigates the ECM somewhat because of how PD radar works compared to SRC. They can still detect a moving object. But perhaps it depends on the radar/ECM

i will be very sad if my little pets get shot down

When it comes to early ECM sure PD will be harder to counter due to Doppler effect, but later? Weapon race exist for a reason.

I would imagine it more as when you’re out of radar missile’s lock range so your seeker goes grey

Same

Expect something like radar shaking, losing lock or drifting away like when you are at tree level

I hope we get some indication on the radar screen of ECM, because if hte only indicator we get in game is the grey seeker reticle. Then SB is gunna suck

You probably mistook it for AESA radars

yea

Yes, AESA are much harder to counter due to multiple waves tracking at the same time

You will get a screamer, just like the IRCM

That shaking would be too arcadey for literal radar imo. This effects is good for IR missiles against IR jammers but radar jammers basically hide you in a bubble and mask your position to certain extent (similar to clouds and IR missiles) so I don’t feel like radar locks should just go crazy all around the screen.

Maybe, i just poropsed how it could look in the game

1 Like

The fastest plane we could get would probably be the YF-12 unless they add reconnaissance planes in somehow.

I can’t imagine the YF-12 working in any of the current gamemodes, but it would still be cool to see ingame

If you ever got high enought to freely speed up you would just go from border to border

1 Like