Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

only if you get caught

1 Like

Oh god no

or if you loose the war

X D

But if this is what we got in December, and it wasnt missing as many features like we are on the Gr1, Id be quite content with WT for now

Spoiler

d5DLuoYKTNl9wtSfKLy6VVD4c9RoRaUO-au1H2z3IGc

You know how frustrating high tier CAS is, even with the rather limited armament.
Brimstones, from my perspective, are an absolute no-go until every nation has proper ways to deal with them and the strike aircraft that carry them.
And no, just having good fighters does not suffice for that.

Alright plane nerds, and smart nerds, what’s the fastest plane we can realistically get? The Mig-25? Also for when we do get ECM, what exactly is that going to entail? Like I assume radar is going to be messed up, but IR missiles should be unaffected right, since they’re a passive tracking system? Targeting systems are going to be fine too?

S-300 for everyone

PO-2 with 5 Mig 21 engines strapped to it

Radar based things, IR missiles should be fine, depending on the system but should be fine

ECM would mess with radars and radar guidance, IRCM is the system that messes with IR missiles

yeah but those arent normaly equipped, currently i only know of the SU 39 with that feature

1 Like

ECM would have an effect a bit like the IRCM on the back of the Su-39. But eventually you’d get close enough and you’d “burn” through the ECM. But PD radars would be unaffected by it. IR missiles wouldnt be affected by ECM. Unless it also included IRCM

Yea, flares for days, as IRCM are not as reliable as people would want them to be. DIRCM is a different thing but we will skip it for now

as long as you arent named KA 52.

Besides that i am looking forward to reliable maw system or real amount of flares /chaff for stuff like tornado

Yea, nah. Even if they use different way of interpreting the informations, PD is still radar waves based, and it gets countered

You sure? Could have sworn it was at the very least. far less affected by ECM

Yes im sure of it. Radar waves are radar waves. You can go around it by using multiple/changing frequencies so it is harder to jam, but pd are also jammable

I think later ECM systems/pods worked by making the radar think the target wasn’t where it was by a few meters, somewhat like a illusion. Someone correct me if I’m wrong though

1 Like

Yes