Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

They added a new rank to naval without adding new top tier ships. We absolutely do need more.

One ?

My dear boy one time at least 5 tried to land in and around Norfolk because they thought they crossed the channel

by more i meant more ranks

good god no

The captured Bf 109F-4 is more likely as things stand atm:

( Unused assets of War Thunder )

3 Likes

@KhorneFlakez1337
According to historical records, a group of Focke-Wulf FW 190s did land in East Anglia, England, by mistake in 1942. This incident occurred shortly after the introduction of the FW 190 into service with the German Luftwaffe. The aircraft had been sent on a mission to attack an airfield in Norfolk, but due to a navigation error, they ended up landing at RAF Woodbridge, a British airfield. The pilots were taken prisoner and the aircraft were examined by the British, providing valuable intelligence on the new fighter."
"

minor update 2.15.0.13 ( https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/twe9ez/new_vehicles_added_and_readded_with_the_ultra/?rdt=43202 )

Oh, I understand then. However nobody said a new rank for air or naval, but new additions to the existing top ranks. Air could probably do with an update of some more missing Gen3s at some point I think, take a break from all the top tier.

The fact that this thing is in the files and unused for this long makes me believe they kinda abandoned the idea of having captured aircraft
(at least for now, they might get back to that when they start to actually run out of vehicles and variants to add)

1 Like

I mean, that’s cool and all, but we haven’t seen captured aircraft being added in years, I wouldn’t get my hopes up to see new ones anytime soon

Yea I remember them removing a ton of captured premiums so it was abit strange how we have the Japanese Mustang

I’d heard very similar things to that before the Japanese P-51 was added, and later the Finnish air subline.

I think I’ve found it @KhorneFlakez1337

Spoiler

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhfjR0IKLrE)

Are any of the Finnish aircraft captured ones? Otherwise the Japanese P-51 was the last captured aircraft they added, which was almost 2 and a half years ago

1 Like

Should they ever get back to adding captured vehicles that Fw 190 definitely needs to be added

Thinking about it, I don’t quite get why they even stopped adding captured vehicles, they are very low effort premiums after all, but add a nice bit of history and variety

1 Like

oh yes 100% captured premiums also tell a story like the one I’ve sent. This should give stuff like prototypes ect have a chance to be in the tech tree to fill in holes

would be the same as the 2a6 in game, none of the changes are relevant, it has no thermal upgrade and no confirmed sources for an armor upgrade those were only mentioned for the 2a7V , but it could make a rank 7 premium i guess

I don’t know why they stopped but I don’t mind that they did. Pretty frustrating in sim to get killed by the vehicle you’re in when you expect to, y’know, fight German, Italian, or Japanese vehicles instead.

2 Likes

Yeah, for sim they should probably consider just banning captured vehicles to be honest

2 Likes

Also the french getting a semi-copy-paste ASW ship kinda thrown in last update without a word could be an actual indication of this.