Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

the leo 2 revolution on list is just another leo 2pl but with upgrade

And it’s a base 2A4 beneath like the 2PL as well

If it’s the MBT Revo I’m quitting the game man.
A base 2A4 and since you can knock off the composite addons its armor is very questionable.
Also heavier than 2PL…

It’s just wishlisting anyway

No mention of upgraded gunner optics/thermals in any article I’ve seen about it, so its probably still WBG-X (1st gen) as opposed to the 3rd gen of the 2PL

the most ridiculous thing about his wishlist is giving italy a 2a7hu in the same patch with the l55a1 cannon, if anything they get another upgraded ariete version. If germany isnt one of the first recipents to get an actualy upgraded 2a7 version this game is actualy crap

AMV Pt 2 isn’t even that bad of a vehicle.
It’s only lacking armor since firepower and optics are good and the mobility is above average

i remember that gajin promised italy an ariete with both the war and pso kits equiped (honestly i find it slightly ridiculous they got them added as seperate vehicles as well) besides that there is the ariete c2

Australia fills gaps in the British air TT
Canada right now is mostly Premium yes, but is also Britians top tier “SPAA”

In among all the discussion, no one has mentioned the new Flanders map. If you consider the low level version (complete with airship) it is full of WW1 trenches and artillery positions. Maybe rather than a new nation, Gaijin are looking at landships and the Red Baron for a new thing…

With the work done on TOG II including the sponson MGs, a lot of the proof of concept has been completed.

It would be an interesting development, and likely a very different game play.

regards

crabpot

2 Likes

I think it would only serve to extend the grind and add nothing but really slow, non dynamic gameplay. WW1 tanks drove forwards and shot. They didn’t really do much else beyond that. It would be horrendous gameplay wise

2 Likes

Pretty sure occasional interwar vehicles will remain the oldest tech for the air and ground trees

WWI warfare is just way too different from what we have in War Thunder

1 Like

I do hope that we get more early vehicles, that they find a way to make them work.
I thought it was interesting that when TOG 2 was first added to the files, the MG’s in the sponsons were modelled, but are not present in the same way in the version we have now.

True, very different game play, but I suspect a number of players would like to do the whole von Richtofen vs Brown thing with biplanes and triplanes. The WW1 tanks would indeed be slow, difficult to steer (if modelled realistically) but all the same, a couple of Mk V vs A7s and a few French FTs… might also mix with the existing WW1 naval bits.

I’d definitely give it a go.

I could see them add more biplanes, however not much older than the ones that already are reserve tier

About the tanks, there was only one tank battle in WWI and those tanks weren’t built with tank v tank combat in mind, the main focus still was on the infantry

I just don’t see gaijin going for any WWI content for ground or air outside of maybe a one-off event.
Pretty sure having to start with WWI vehicles would drive more people away than it would attract and just having WWI content for the sake of having it ingame doesn’t seem worth the development effort

Y’gotta remember: In WW1, Tanks were very much just mobile pillboxes with HE artillery. They aren’t at all designed for Tank v Tank, they’d move as slow as a heavy tank, and the gameplay would be dreadful

1 Like

Hopefully newcomers won’t start with WW1! I’d like to see it as an event, or something similar to selecting sim battles - or even a mini-game within WT with its own tech trees.

Edit: 4 mph to a max (whippet) of 8 mph. I might need to reconsider the time taken to play a game :)

It’s an event vehicle. I had to get it off the market place because I joined after the event.

1 Like

Oh right, mixed that up with the PL

I had once documented every vehicle in game for nations not in game. Tho this was before the Finish sub-tree and I need to redo it. Here is the full Canada list:
USA:
Stuart VI (5th CAD) -(normally unattainable )
M4A5 Ram II -(GE premium)
Germany:
C2A1 Mexas -(event)
UK:
QF 3.7 Ram -(event)
Skink -(tech tree)
ADATS (M113) -(tech tree)
HMCS Haida -(normally unattainable)
HMCS Brantford -(tech tree)
HMCS Terra Nova -(tech tree)

Everything in game that is listed as Canadian (has the Canada flag). There is also Candian built planes the CL-13 Saber in the German and Italian tree.

Due to the covo about who has what Canadian vehicles.

2 Likes