Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

They asked for canards, but canards have existed since work on the Su-27K began in 1986. The Su-27UB (twin seater) also originates around then as a prototype, and canards were tested on a UB prototype at one point as well.

AFAIK, they make cockpit glass, landing gear, canards, and other components now. They are generally responsible for sourcing whatever electronics they want that aren’t Russian in origin.

Canards are sexy.

1 Like

Indeed, they are sexy

I see myself out *

Résumé

Canards is French for Ducks

3 Likes

MORE CANARDS

3 Likes

Stop! I can only get so erect!

1 Like

d650d9b7ebe19e08

12 Likes

Sehr gut.

2 Likes

Nice Japanese F-35 XD

1 Like

Why would Sweden get it?

Finland

When did Finland buy them?

“Finnish Air Force – F-35A Block 4 selected via the HX Fighter Program 64 F-35As on order as of 2022.”

I’m looking now, and it’s planned to enter service in 2026, so Gaijin may decide to not add it if it comes before then.

We won’t be near that stage by then maybe 2028 we will get them in game

germanys supposed to receive them a whole year later as well

We’ll have to wait and see.

mhm it will depend on the aim-120 really as that will spring bored a ton of aircraft

Indeed. I have no doubt that it’ll come next update or next year’s March update, so if I’m correct, next year will see quite a few.

1 Like

At least with F-35, external pylon stores will be unique.
While all nations will be forced to use LOAL and AMRAAM/Meteors in the internal bay, external stores can be AAM-3, AAM-5, Python 4/5, etc based on the host country in exchange for giving up some RCS.

Indigenous Japanese missiles would be very nice right about now.