Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

Well, what do you propose in this case. If for example: Other countries will receive F-15, 18 and various equivalents, what will Germany get?

Well, they might end up in a situation similar to that of britain for a while.

MiG-29SE (FDR was gonna buy them iirc) and eurofighter

i will admit the mig-29 is a bit of a stretch

1 Like

An even more paper version, considering that this version was not exported at all

There won’t be a Eurofighter for a very long time, Smin confirmed this

Germany needs CAS not A2A. MiG-29A and G are fine for the foreseeable future

This year

1 Like

I still don’t get what you are trying to prove here

The situation for Japan was that they couldn’t get a 4th gen jet without the AJ

Germany is not in such a situation and won’t get into that situation for a while, unless Gaijin suddenly skips to very late F-15 models

Thanks man <3

1 Like

That was to the F-16 not for the RAF Gipens I think

Nothing will change next year either

Both of them are operated by private businesses

The SE was the export S. They have been exported. And if no Eurofighter, guess you’re SOL and gotta wait until then, unless you’re keen on fighting F-15s in a Phantom with AMRAAMs. The only other “stretch” one is the Tornado ADV but Germany also never used them. So, you’re stuck with nothing for now.

F-15 early version, please, here’s an option for you

What F-15 early? Japan only ever operated the F-15J, which would have been a skip way ahead.

The RAF does not have Gripens. The Empire Test Pilots’ School does, which is a private entity. They are operated by QinetiQ not the RAF. They just work with the MoD and RAF. Still a private org though and is denied

the aussies f/a18 had asraam at one point

Not really

“Branch : Ministry of Defence (operated by QinetiQ)”

I don’t think there are enough openly available documents on the Tejas for any of their variants to be added

What exactly will be the advantage?

Fairly sure the Australian RAAF has ASRAAM as their primary IR missile actually