Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

We used the Type VII as war trophies with the Millé and Laubie

1 Like

Interesting, didn’t know that.

Yo since I guess I can’t make a damned post, Is there any reason they added launch speed limits to the agm-65b on the f-4f? They didn’t used to be there and i think it’s a bug.

Finland didn’t use F-16s, and Gripen is still in development.

Also why aren’t we to 5000 messages yet?

Because of Off Topic thread

2 Likes

A bit off topic, because i highly doubt subs are coming this december, but oh well, i’ll link that here anyway :

2 Likes

This is the first time WW2 subs have been in the game as well, so they wouldn’t have had enough time to figure out how to implement them properly and then do so.

the type sub physics has been in game for a while though.

Someone even made a mod where you could test drive a type VIIC, although i don’t know if it was an ingame model or if the modder made it himself. I used to mess up with the speed in the mod’s files, to see how going 300 kph underwater would feel like X)

I think april fools 2018 was an early testing (underwater physics, submarine ui, sounds, graphics) and this event was more of a balancing test imo.
I don’t think subs are that far away, difficult to say when exactly, but i’d guess anywhere from March 2024 update to December 2024 update (yeah i’m not taking that much risk)

What part of “WW2 subs” did you not understand?

Yes, assuming they are testing WW2 subs implementation, it wouldn’t make sense for them to develop the models for said subs before the test is conclusive, that’s a fair point.

Your assumption is flawed, because the model was imported from WTM, not created for this event.

ha fair enough, i wasn’t aware of that

Which means, assuming they feel like balancing subs is doable, they still have some work on models to do.
Then again, if they introduce only premiums at first, and only for a few tree (like they usually do) i still think 2024 is possible.

Next update definitely not however, especially considering this one may be more jet oriented

you also used a type IX and a XXI and all of those until the mid 60s

in addition to it being Jet and possibly ARH oriented it’s also hinted to be a pretty large update altogether so idk the implementation of a few Premium subs with the promise to deliver more in the coming year is imo still possible

1 Like

anything is possible, but considering how dev process work, it’s highly unlikely

As Gszabi pointed out, they don’t have ready models yet. Also, the content for December update is already decided since at least the October update (and probably even before).

if they decided to introduce subs in the December update, it wouldn’t make sense to test anything with the anniversary event, since the feedback and data from said event would be wasted.

either way I belive there has to be a reason for this being a sub event and not sth like TOG II fighting in Normandy

3 Likes

Good this give more choices alongside those make here.

thr typ XXI will be the Starfighter of the sea, pretty much everyone used those

I just want my surcouf, even if older, ~35meter longer and ~3m larger than Type XXI :p

Big floating baguette

1 Like

I want it too

2 Likes