Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

to be fair we knew they were coming at some point in the future given that WT mobile has had them for a while, plus its one of the things WOWs holds over war thunder that can be added

They have a way better chance of being added than playable carriers as well

id still like to see them in game though, just not sure how they would fit in especially given the weird naval BRs compared to air

idk if we can say the chances of subs is " better " than for AC 's, since unlike subs we have the entire vehicles from WT Mobile already ingame, fully modelled for player use - plus the controls for them being added last week.

The thing with carriers is, for how naval currently works it would be best to keep carriers as AI only

I’d like to know what you mean by this, but there 's a more appropriate thread for that discussion: Aircraft Carriers - WT Discussion - #46 by Motherhen357

Since it would likely separate from soley discussing the evidence we have for playable carriers.

Not much to discuss really, I am just of the opinion that carriers would provide much better objectives than playable vehicles and with the matchmaking not giving a crap about national compatibility those carriers might end up having to be mostly made up designs

I’m not really seeing the connection here … the trees have been fine since the days of armoured barges and riverboats not being in every TT, since there 's other kinds of ships operated by the ones which do not have them.
Why would AC 's be different ?

1 Like

Because different nations have different needs for their naval planes to be able to take off and land on carriers

Alright, so about rank 8 ground and ARHs in one update.

I’ve no idea what point you’re trying to make now. You saw the datamines that showed how AC 's airgroups in WT/WTM are an integral weapon of the ship( like catapult seaplanes ) rather than being controlled independently by other players, right ?

Mate, I literally never looked at the leaks, because I stopped caring about leaks and unused assets when I realised the interesting stuff tends to get lost in development hell

If that is all carriers are gonna be (basically remote control stations for drone swarms), I personally don’t see the point of adding them, but that would indeed be a different case.

Please yes!

@Smin1080p Hey, as we know Britain is due to receive a new top tier fighter soon ™. Can you confirm if it will be a new airframe (for the tree)?

We dont know for sure its a “fighter” only that its “top tier” which means it could be anywhere between 12.0-12.7 I reckon. But probbaly on the lower end

1 Like

If Germany gets the 2A7, hopefully that means the XLR will be getting added.

i hope we dont get it, the 2A7 in game would have no differences to the 2a6

Significantly more armor & superior gunner thermals.
2A7+/V would be very welcome.

if they model the armour right then yeah

neither has been comfirmed to be a fact. Only the 2a7V was actualy stated for armor and thermal upgrades, the standard 2a7 does not own them