Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

I think we will see South korea to Japan.
But Thailand would also be appreciated.

The Koreans won’t like that

this game isnt political

2 Likes

“tHE GaME iS ABouT wAR”

I don’t think Taiwan is happy to be part of Chinese tt… Yk when it comes to these additions it’s not about who’s happy about what but rather who needs what to be competetive.

2 Likes

I think it’s best if we continue this in this thread

2 Likes

They said this after the PSO was already shown off, they indicated that another Leopard was coming after it.

1 Like

Then we will see.
With all the hints, we can almost tell the entire upcoming update i guess.

there is only 2 confirmed things, leopard and the gripen, well “3” if you count the airplane UK will receive what ever that will end up being.

Neither AMRAAMS, t 90m /rank 8 in general got confirmed that is only speculation

2 Likes

I can get behind this. It’s the best of both worlds solution, or at least the least offensive.

The AJ could be changed into the XF-2A if we’re going that route, assuming the Thai F-16A doesn’t use guided munitions like mavericks. I mean heck, they gave the AJ the F-2 (bicolor) and XF-2 (demonstration) camos, the latter of which is a real kick in the… yea.

If we’re not getting F-15s for US this December, then my money is on the XF-2A with APG-68. More or less it would be the F-16C but with the flight performance of the AJ with a slightly lower top speed, and 2 more radar missiles 4 IR/4 SARH at 12.3 or 12.7. In other words, the only thing stopping Gaijin from adding it is having the 3D model done for it. The rest they can copy and paste from existing vehicles.

3 Likes

If japan gets a Thai sub-tree the AJ should be changed into a F-16A ADF/OCU to keep the existing camos compatible, a potential XF-2A can exist alongside it

3 Likes

The sub-tree that was passed didn’t include the F-16A and mentioned that it would come later as a gen 4.5. Well F-2 is gen 4.5 so at that point we don’t need an F-16 from the sub-tree.

What point would there be to a sub-tree if it only starts at such a late state? edit: never mind misread

The tree being passed for consideration still is only a suggestion anyways, they could end up choosing different aircraft and have them ordered in different ways and at different times

1 Like

My point was the sub-tree wouldn’t be there to solve the F-16AJ situation. It would be more to fill in some more ranks, not necessarily gaps either. That and by the time that tree does materialize, we’ll already be at Gen 4.5 and have F-2s, eliminating any need for the sub-tree when it comes to replacing the F-16AJ as they could go straight from the F-1 to the XF-2A to F-2.

Fair, I guess it is simply a matter of wether they go with the XF-2A or rush out some thai aircraft

For all we know they could end up “upgrading” the AJ to be compatible with whatever tech is about to be added in december, which would be sub-optimal, but still something I wouldn’t put past gaijin

2 Likes

Believe it or not, that’s how subs were irl. As people have said in the subs thread there’s a reason they weren’t used in battles.

That’s true.

I just really hope they just move to the XF-2A since we already have the F-16C block 50 (the XF-2A based off block 40). It’s more work, but would definitely put Japan in a good place as they can avoid AESA for as long as possible by using the XF-2A.

2 Likes

gaijin can you do riddles instead of devblogs this season

3 Likes

What’s that pokemon with tanks, planes and boats