New Vehicles İdea And Tech Tree System

I have a brand-new idea for War Thunder that wouldn’t harm or alter the existing game in any way; the game’s current realistic combat mechanics would remain completely intact. My suggestion is to add “fictional vehicles” to the tech trees—categorized into tanks, aircraft, and ships—perhaps under a dedicated tab for each nation where these fictional units would have their own specific Battle Ratings (BR) and matchmaking pools. This would allow us to experience what these vehicles might have been like had they actually existed, all while keeping them separate from the game’s existing lineup. Personally, I’m a huge fan of the rare variants and prototypes already in the game. Regarding how these fictional tech trees could be implemented: much like the special tournaments held for War Thunder user skins, new vehicle designs could be submitted by the community—complete with proposed specifications—and selected by Gaijin. I believe that if this concept were integrated with new game modes and kept open to continuous development, the result would be something truly excellent. As I said, this is just my idea; I’d appreciate hearing your thoughts, whether positive or negative.

Why? Just go play sprocket at this point.

3 Likes

If only there was a set of games that had a bunch of fictional vehicles.

2 Likes

I have this idea because War Thunder with my idea is become more fun is still fun dont get me wrong there a lot of Third Reich vehicles needs to added and historical vehicles and fictional or paper vehicles dont get matchmaking together they are gonna be separated .

WoT does not have the superior realistic interior modules, damage models or aiming of WT tough.

That is subjective.

So why waste dev time on them?

Making a fictional vehicle sounds easy on paper but once you get to the fine nitty details like internal layout etc. where it becomes complicated. Play sprocket once and youll see.

Like you want to add community submitted vehicles, but i doubt half the community even knows what happens inside the gearbox.

Lot of tanks are designed way they are due to IRL limitations and physics. Such restrictions wouldnt apply to entirely fictional tanks, or would be hard to apply them.

Its a terrible idea, wont go anywhere. This even isnt a proper suggestion in the first place.

1 Like

I have game just for you.

image

Nothing like playing jigsaw puzzle with crewmen since the new gun and its breech recoil are too big for original turret design.

A nice Game, but not everyone is adept at Blender-like modeling with vertices, Polygons etc. or able to learn it.

Dude u need to calm down ı was saying this because u gonna use same realism u are not gonna add Star Wars ships calm down ı say fictional because some planes their body developed but never fly before some vehicles like that ı am not saying laser guns or shit .

This is an idea that Gaijin sort of already plays with.
However, the idea would be more based on historical designs made on paper. With enough documentation or a less-built stage.

I’m not against this; however, it should not be what War Gaming does and should still play within the rules of “What if”.

Case example: We would not see the return of the 341, nor the Panther II as both specific designs were Gaijin’s interpretation.

However, what we would get is a version of the 341 closer to the information available.
Same goes for the Panther II. So no Vampyr infrared.

1 Like

I am calm, im just pointing out why your idea is undercooked.

I explained my point in a way everyone could understand, my friend. Of course, you’re right about what you said; there are a lot of complex engineering elements in the vehicles, yes, I know, but that was precisely why I wanted to differentiate them from normal vehicles. My idea was to use everything found in historical documents and fill in the missing parts in a logical way. For example, WoT has some very good prototype tanks, yes, they’re like toys, but when you think about how they could have been in reality, it could be something that’s not bad at all.