New tank sights - My biggest issue with them

I really like the idea of the new sight system since it gives a lot of opportunities for a lot of sight customization.

However my main issue is the lack of color options available.
You are only limited to 10 colors and for user sights that already have their own color in the sight file, they just get turned into the default black color.

I used to use a pink colored sight and I really enjoyed it however with the new update I am no longer able to. Its color worked perfectly in all weather conditions, thermals and night vision and I was used to it but now having to switch to a black gun sight I am struggling, especially in thermal view. The rest of the colors are okay but they are a bit too rough on my eyes.

It would be amazing if more color options were added or a RGB value field (or if custom sights just let you override the color) which would allow for a lot more customization options.

Additionally, you can no longer use custom sights on vehicles you don’t own…

What does everyone else think?

3 Likes

It’s long past overdue for WT to add proper colour code (hex value) colour customization for all the relevant HUD options. For another example, we can’t even use black/white for the reload/overheat colours, among many other limiting things (Naval HUD can’t even pick colours at all, etc).

And again for emphasis, proper specific and repeatable hex values or 0-255 sliders, not a colour wheel.

As an aside, for anyone who hasn’t looked through the new options yet, here’s a post I made showing all 15 new reticles.

3 Likes

User sights used to support proper RGB values and even let you change their transparency! Now its all gone :c

1 Like

It let you adjust the rangefinder color, the crosshair color when both lit and unlit… it was amazing how much freedom you had over color (The fourth value is transparency, 255 is opaque and 0 is transparent)

1 Like

Those 255/255/255 values are exactly the kind of customization we need for all of the UI. Either setting those three values from 0 to 255 (Battlefield has this) or hex values (CoD has this).

1 Like

Hex values can be a bit confusing, that’s why I advocate for RGB values.

1 Like