New player going to leave

Wdym “There’s no good combat, it’s just dying to high skill players over and over”? That’s the point of every pvp game isn’t it? Like imagine being CSGO silver and complain that Faceit lvl10 guys play better than you. You don’t make any sense.

3 Likes

I feel like there is no progression. I am happy to die, as long as I progress somewhat at the same time. As I wrote, I feel like there is no progression.

Progression is linked to skill in WT, and if other people have more skill than you, you progress slower. This should make sense, so I unsure who you cant make any sense of it…

1 Like

There IS progression. Your problem is that you don’t improve at all.
Do some research, check out youtube guides, change your playstyle, modify game setting to match your needs and use your brain. It ain’t difficult bro.

6 Likes

You can’t progress faster than you learn. Go back to rank 1 or 2 and learn to enjoy the game.

Also, you have 62 japanese vehicles, of these are only 20 spaded, so you are kind of focussing on meta vehicles or rushing. Go back and spade all those vehicles.

Stop rushing the trees, there is no gold at the rainbows end.

11 Likes

There is a progression, you just have to realize that it takes longer for some than others…
200 hours isn’t much… You can’t go too fast.
If you see that it’s not working in 5.0, go back down to br, for example in 3.7, with the Ki-44-II Hei, which is well balanced.

Remember to go up in altitude.
Altitude is the key to being last on the ground.

Watch tutorials, see about joining a team to play in a squad and learn little by little.

Youtuber: AdamTheEnginerd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwoQAq4679I
https://youtu.be/ARjNb7fWj04?si=mtZeIZGpprqP4rZV

Jengar

Ce texte sera masqué

And don’t hesitate to change nations to discover other gameplay styles. In airplanes, each nation has its own strengths in specific areas of flight and attack (Boom and zoom, turnfight, running…).

2 Likes

It took me near 2000 hours to reach top tier of German ground force without any premium benefits. If you think that you cannot commit at least 2000 hours to learn the game, then it’s better for you to leave the game. It’s not for you. Also, as a side note some peoples are saying that game progression is too much fast, and peoples reach top tier without knowing a thing about the game. Here a recent topic about it: Game progression too fast
I don’t agree with them though.

Progression gets slower as you climb the ranks…and opposition gets better…
My solution was playing other nations, play at level i can compete…and accept my limitations on higher tier games…
I have fun playing even when i die early…i try to learn why i died…

1 Like

You’re the kind of player that gaijin have been looking for over the last few years, they don’t think about keeping old players any more, they focus on new players who arrive and cashplay to leave 1 month later, you’re not the only one in this situation unfortunately…

1 Like

Learn dogfightning strategies, train your situational awaraness skills, there are a lot of resources in youtube and google

Tanks? What tanks?

Not always. You can do stuff that is not really linked to skill. Like bombing bases in bombers

1 Like

At grammar?

1 Like

Is Japanese Air as overBRed in RB as AB?

Might sound funny but it took me a year to understand the concept of Air RB and another for Ground RB. This game isnt so diferent from games such as CSGO and so on in terms of learning curve. difference is your progression is somewhat linked to that. A little patience and you will get there buddy.

Best of luck o7

This.

Don’t expect the game be easier at higher ranks. It will be quite the opposite thanks to more seasoned players.

You also won’t find more fun at high ranks. From what I understand you play mainly Air, and rank 2 is considered the most fun rank in Air, so again, don’t expect it to bring more fun the higher rank you go.

Regarding spending money, I spent 16€ at around 400th hour ingame and only after I considered I got so much fun out of the game that I should give them some money for it.
Don’t give them money expecting fun in return. Give then money only when you consider the game to be fun. That’s the way free2play business model should work.

1 Like

The fact that author is over exaggerating the grind problem due to, let’s be frank, lack of skill, doesn’t mean the problem isn’t there. There are about 20+ tech trees in the game. Researching a single one, even for a reasonably skilled player with premium account and premium vehicles can take 100-200 hours. And without premium stuff, it’s basically multiple months of grinding one tech tree if you don’t play 8 hours each day.

A lot of new players are coming to the game because of those update trailers with all that shiny new top tier stuff, and then they get disappointed because to actually get to that stuff they need to spend hundreds of hours in the game.

I don’t have gaijin statistics, of course, but I’m pretty sure that majority of players who leave the game, leave it before even reaching rank 5-6.

The issue got smaller with recent RP changes like grouping, but it’s only going to get worse with addition of newer stuff.

4 Likes

Over-BR’ed? Yes. However that’s also due to a skill gap, a lot of us Japanese mains tend to be more skilled than some other nations since often we were the punching bag for years. So when we play another nation people complain/whine about we just shrug wondering “What the hell is wrong with me” since often the vehicles of other nations are what we would wish an equal for.

Do you want progress to specific Aircraft, or do you just want to progress through the tech tree faster?

Yes that is Warthunder unfortunately, still at least Anton took you for only $100 ,could have been worse 😆

I think you should give it a little more time and patience. As someone with well over 7.5k hours on file post-Steam release, you have to like the game. I still have not unlocked everything. Enjoy the game, don’t “grind” it.

1 Like