New Darwin Hill Location and Map Improvements!

They were on a good run with Golden Quarry, Flanders and Test Site. These are maps that (while different in character) make different playstyles and vehicle types viable.

Then they created Attica and Darwin Hill. Both maps where losing the initial engagement completely decides the outcome of most battles.

Unfathomably bad, both of them.

2 Likes

Played around 10 games, not a single time did I get this new map. I had to jump into a custom battle just to check it out.

1 Like

I finally got it once after like 60+ battles.

There is something wrong with the map rotation…

2 Likes

I got it shortly after writing that previous post. It seems the MM is definitely broken, because it shouldn’t have taken that many games to get it only once.

First impressions are not great, airspawns for helis and planes are awful. That’s my main complain.

2 Likes

I played it on a foggy weather so I could not even see all about it. But I did like what I saw regarding all the small hills and cover route that you can take.

It was a battle setting though with one point to defend/attack.

1 Like

What an amazing map
oh wait it isn’t.
Helicopters can kill everything on the map from the spawn point and ruin the whole game by shooting and hiding behin a hill making even the most modern sam system useless. Gaijin should hire someone competent in map design ASAP
Ok, they hate ground players and the last Q&A have shown that but this is too much

1 Like

darwin hill is pretty good in a 6.7 uptier but i can see it being quite literally unplayable any higher than 8.7.

should be limited to 1.0-8.7

I managed to play one 9.3 match on this map, and while the flat terrain helps teams not rush down as fast. It’s also a real place, and the mappers made it look good with lots of little details. Bonus points for that, but that’s where the positives end. It’s still just the same 1x1km maps that make ground awful. These are arcade maps and they shouldn’t be made for realistic or sim.

Also why was the original suggestion for Port Stanley completely ignored for this land bridge?

Decided to go check it out in-game.

If old tank maps used to be 3km for ww2 vehicles, then modern maps should be at least 5km if not 10. Also better gamemodes are still needed. Point rushing gets incredibly repetitive and boring fast. Battles could easily replace them as the standard since at least those matches can last longer than 5 minutes.

None of these are good.

Aesthetics wise at least Flanders is a real place, and looks like a ww2 map (even though you can get it for post ww2 tiers for some reason) The others are just incredibly boring.

1 Like

Whats feedback on this map, from 10 games I played south side never won a single battle
Is there any statistics to check ratio of it?

1 Like

Ok gaijin, this map was a fine joke.

When you are going to remove this abomintion?

2 Likes

“yeah, let’s make a map where we can spawn camp from km away”