Nerf Scharnhorst Armor or make it 8.0

Even malboro can ammorack scharnhorst so this armor protection value means nothing

Nah we need only 7.3 to be introduced. Fuso is already competetive against scharn.

Given next patch is supposed to introduce mode-specific BRs for aircraft, and we should also be getting more 16" ships following Mutsu, I’d bet on a raised BR cap for Naval sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Lies or ignorance

3 Likes

A arma primária do Scharnhorst é de 280mm. Ele luta contra navios que tem arma primária de até 410mm. Historicamente, o Scharnhorst foi o segundo navio que mais afundou navios na 2 GM.

Man, aim a AP salvo at the A + B turret, with aiming reticle on the barbette of B and it it explodes. Why do you place a point blank salvo into the main belt armor?

So no more Arado jetbombers dodging all AA fire und snipe BBs with 1000kg bombs^^

1 Like

Simply lack of skill issue lol

Weekly reminder this is still the absolute most broken vehicle in-game.

There is a bigger gap between a Scharn and a HMS Hood/Mutsu/Kron than between the Challenger 3 and an STRV 122B+

4 Likes

I think most of the battleships in game are broken and they get damaged by shells that should do nothing to them etc. Sharnhorst has very modern design and it has very well made model.
The Mutsu that was released for example, the model is just bad, you can ammorack it or kill all of its crew with 4inch HE, Sharnhorst enjoy nice model and it just works.
I honestly just dont even attack Sharnhorst when I see it, I just attack battleships that I know have errors in their armor in game, they die faster and more reliably than light cruisers.

2 Likes

Unlocked the Sharnhorst a few days ago and yea this ship is just stupid.

I did wonder if there was differing standards between some of the in game models :/ If there is a difference in the standards of the model ect then thats just very poor work on the part of the dev team.

4 Likes

I played Scharnhorst yesterday and it ate 4 torpedoes, I got some flooding, but it survived, btw I have all ships for Germany and Japan and for sure Scharnhorst is the best tank.
One more thing, I saw here that people said in forum that it would be nice to use many configurations for various ships as they were upgraded over time, Sharnhorst was supposed to have 3x380mm turrets. I think it would be very cool to have reseachable upgrades for some ships, lit anti torpedo protection. Similar to how ERA can be added to some tanks.

1 Like

In fact, WarThunder ships intentionally ignore thin armor, which means that when a penetrating shell detonates the fuse, it will send shrapnel into the internal modules, but the Scharnhorst is invincible because its thick armor is modeled after the fuse timer starts.

1 Like

The only way torps are effective against the Scharnhorst is to set their running depth to 4m, the default 1m depth strikes the armour belt and is effectively useless (even the Japanese Type 93 mod.3 with 998.4 kg TNT equivalent warheads have little effect at 1m depth). Also, I don’t know if its modeled in game, but the further below the water line a hull breach is the higher the water pressure and the faster the flooding as a result.

I can concur this, ive had my Nevada ammo detonated twice by Japanese 8" AP shells.

1 Like

WWII Iowas are going to suck in game. 10000tons for 6 knots more speed and with no armor upgrade/firepower upgrade compared to the south Dakotas.

1 Like

The guns are a bit more “Fuck-you” level on Iowa but glass cannons don’t seem to be the naval meta unless they also have ridiculously fast reloads.

BUMP for Unanimous Consent. I’d really love to play those cool 6.0-6.3 Cruisers once in awhile without getting Scharnhorsted up the waz every match.

2 Likes

One should be using 4m depth at all times anyway, unless playing at below-destroyer Coastal BRs. :P

1 Like

Again please remember chaps, the scharnhorst has modern layered armour profiles. And most people are using ww1 dreadnoughts with ww1 shells which means they don’t have the penetration power or have shell shatter that stops them reaching the vitals of the scharnhorst. All this means is that the Scharnhorst was abit early to the game, But Alaska and that russian ship can out tank the scharnhorst easily sometimes.

Theres nothing wrong with the model, just the game does not have many ww2 counterparts yet.

(An edit note: we are slowly gaining ships closer if not equal to it’s combat power and hopefully with more modern ww2 additions will have ships outclassing it).

2 Likes

This is the primary point. Scharnhorst should probably be more like 7.3/7.7 and every other nation should get new top tier BBs ASAP. But they seem to be dragging their feet with doing that.

5 Likes

France, still stuck with one crappy modernized WW1 dreadnought as their top tier…

2 Likes