Nerf Scharnhorst Armor or make it 8.0

Wouldn’t work, torpedo’s bypass the main belt by being below the waterline (though some vessels intentionally have deep belts to form part of the anti-torpedo defence system), whereas exocet naturally isn’t some sort of diving missile-torpedo thing, also the warhead is only 165kg’s keeping in mind HMS Hood’s torpedo defence system is rated at up to 250kg’s and she’s from WW1.

so you are effectively slinging 2 Marlborough level HE shells worth of explosives, or 1 Marlborough turret, and it takes a good 10 salvos to flood Scharn with that, so you’d need 50 exocet’s.

It’s napkin maths but i’m sure you can see why I wouldn’t even bother.

As @HK_Reporter has said, best we can hope for is improved flooding so Scharn takes flooding between the belt and TB.

I think you’re being a little too pessimistic with Yamato, long way off though so it doesn’t matter.

In the short term it’d be nice if the damage cam reflected the damage dealt accurately. I’m getting real tired of the damage cam telling me I’ve rendered Scharnhorsts turrets and guns black only for them to turn around and shoot me. Its quite frustrating more than anything else.

3 Likes

My main hope is KGV with 14 inch HE shells to fight Scharnhorst

Well, honestly not being over pessimistic. Against 460mm projectiles, no less than 640mm vertical penetration is required to penetrate Scharnhorst’s magazine side protection, and that assumes the Scharnhorst player being stupid enough to show their full broadside against 460mm guns. With 30° heading angle, the protection equivalence increases to 740mm, which then becomes impenetrable for 460mm guns unless at the point blank.

You can calculate penetration with slope angles and multi-layered armour in WT with this website:
https://acsbicicoop.altervista.org/WT/index.html

I still believe that longer range maps would be effective way how to combat the turtle back of German battleships.

If we got ranges past 30km the plunging fire from most top tier battleships can bypass the belt and punch through the decks and reach the magazine.

As of right now every Scharnhorst player shows their full broadside, quite frequently, because they know they’re almost completely immune. Any Scharnhorst trying to just sail into spawn would get removed from the match by a Yamato, because in order to get into spawn you have to… y’know, close the range. Rending their armor useless to the larger guns. And even Mutsu will be able to within 3km, which is about how close those “people” usually get.
A very easy solution is bigger maps, allowing more battleships to benefit from plunging fire and increasing time for Scharnhorst to get into spawn so that flooding can kill them. Maybe even increase the BR cap as well so that 6.0 heavy cruisers don’t spend 90% of their time in 7.0.

Don’t tell me to just use HE/SAP, I already do, it usually just takes so long the Scharnhorst is in my spawn and has killed half my team by then. And don’t say they don’t spawn rush either, I haven’t seen a Scharnhorst yet that hasn’t, if you have then please tell me how you get those lobbies I’m really jealous.

3 Likes

Several BBs can attack a single Scharnhorst for the better part of a match and not sink it

1 Like

came here to check if it was just me who thinks the scharnhorst is dumb. glad im not the only one.

i want to know what bright mind over at gaijin looked at the scharnhorst and said “yes, lets have this fight ww1 dreadnoughts. itll be funny”

6 Likes

With the new damage model, the Scharnhorst is MUCH easier to kill. The only issue is, so is everything else. Armor seems to mean nothing now.

3 Likes

Sorry guys. This thread is bollux. I Just tested Scharnhost and it melts away like a snowflake in a desert. While the 28cm guns are relativly weak. Got not a single kill. While my Bayern lasted longer and granted me at least 3 kills. Top killers in all matches so far japanese BB with big calibres and its super op SAP. Naval RB is a gun / SAP meta, not an armor meta.

Scharnhost indestrucable lol. Even lost it to SMS Kaiser’s 28cm WW1 guns… I lights up randomly.

1 Like

Bruh comes here to troll only after naval damage models are bugged, on purpose. Go troll somewhere else, TROLL.

4 Likes

How can It be a troll. I just lost two Scharnhorst (back up) in like 2 mins. From 100% just detonated. Onehit from a Hyuga and second one a onehit salvo from a Bayern class.

Scharn feels like a DD, no working armor whatsoever. Give it SAP salvo and either 20-30% crew are gone or it just lights up.

That’s because the new damage model is mostly garbage. All ships are way more fragile than they were last patch.

4 Likes

Noticed that too. Just lost a Bayern with 60 seconds gametime. HE kills instantly now.

3 Likes

I got the IJN MUTSU and played a few matches, I died to AI HE spam and to a 152MM APHE shell. Both times I had high crew and was one shotted, insta death.

This happens too often now , battleships are utterly horrible. Helena is busted af again. Just spam he and kill battleships fast.

2 Likes

Just lost my Scharnhorst to Atlanta HE… Oh man Gajin wtf…at least lower BB spawn costs. 40.000 for a paper ship is nuts.

1 Like

Atlanta is broken as fuck right now. Armor feels like it doesn’t exist right now.

1 Like

I wish Gajin would stop with changing naval mechanics every patch :(

1 Like

I just hate HE from cruisers that kill BB in a minute. Back to old meta, but even worse than old meta now