At the end of the Second World War, in Italy there were still some tanks from the 1940-1945 period in operation or partially. However, there were the limitations of the peace treaties for Italy, but it needed to rebuild the Army in view of a new war perhaps with the Soviet forces. Thus, at the Turin Arsenal, various 75/18 M41 and M42 self-propelled guns were repaired by technicians. These tanks were very limited for the period, but they were there so we had to make do.
To adapt the vehicles as much as possible, they were repainted with the classic NATO green color and a stronger radio system of Canadian origin was added. These vehicles remained in use until the 1950s principally in the 28ª Divisione fanteria “Aosta”, when they were replaced by M47 Patton tanks imported from the USA.
The tank was repainted in a standard NATO green color. The color is similar to a classic dark green, let’s say, but the precise color is let’s say currently unknown as the existing photos of the vehicle are in black and white.
Pictures and drawnings.