N1K2-J and JA should NOT BE 6.0, they should be 5.3 maximum

let’s start with the fact that these planes have so little difference between stock and spaded, let’s not forget the absolutely horrid handling, let’s point out the atrocious thermodynamics and gun placement, let’s notice the horrible state of type 99 and how BULLSHID other 5.3-6.3 aircraft are compared to the n1k’s
what’s the deal with these things? heck, they even suck at low speed because they lose thrust below 300 ias so they ain’t even your typical japanese prop that floats graciously like a butterfly.

5 Likes

Yep, and the n1k1-ja shouldn’t be 5.3 either. It is such a trash plane, but becouse no one plays it, it remains at a high br.

1 Like

the fact that it’s at the same br as the f2g which unironically can out dogfight it at slow speed is absolute bollocks. Let’s not forget n1k is as slow as a zero but it can’t turn like one. So all in all a struggle bus. Care taking into account that yaks and p51h’s literally turn inside this piece of junk of a plane at any speed.

1 Like

hehehe yeah let’s put it at 5.3 rubs hands

They’re really good right now though?

No they can’t, that’s a huge skill issue.

Also a huge skill issue, if you lose to an F2G in a slow dogfight you just suck.

They ARE overtiered, but not for any of the reasons you stated.

2 Likes

No they can’t, that’s a huge skill issue.

how is it a skill issue, i am literally the one turning inside them

have you tried playing air rb instead of inflating your kd in ground battles?

it’s a worse j2m3, the j2m3 was at 5.3.

1 Like

He literally pulled in front of you and took completely the wrong line lol. You didn’t “turn inside him”, he flew INTO YOUR GUNS. Its most obvious with the 190 D vs Yak9 clip as he pulls into your guns TWICE, or with the A7M1 clip as he just reverses his turn back in front of you not once, not twice, but THREE SEPARATE TIMES.

Had any of them just kept pulling in one direction, you’d be dead.

Perhaps all those CAS pilots should stop flying in straight lines and trying to turn with someone without dumping their bombs. Ground RB CAP is way more fun, you have an actual target to protect and players very interested in destroying it.

I have plenty of aircraft I used mainly in Air RB, namely the A7M2.

1 Like

you still don’t know what predicting trajectories is? it’s placing yourself in a way the enemy ends up pulling into your guns.

Perhaps all those CAS pilots should stop flying in straight lines and trying to turn with someone without dumping their bombs

cool, you just disproved yourself about n1kj being good. The moment someone pays attention you have no chances unless it’s level flight and yous behind.

Which they can dodge easily because they’re not flying a brick. It’s not exactly hard to see where someone is pulling to, and you’re not “predicting” anything when they’re literally turning back in front of your guns like the Yak9P and A7M1 were doing.

In case you missed it, I’m using it at 6.7 and 7.3, where I meet jets every time I go up. Yet unlike your enemies, I don’t reverse my turn into other players’ guns. They can pay all the attention they want, that alone isn’t gonna make me lose.

Like this SK60 here, which was well aware of, and actively engaging me for a short while before he was shot down (by me).
Huh, him paying attention to me didn’t make him win! How curious.

Simply a difference in skill, I guess.

i think you’re proving his point a bit. He’s saying it should go down because its being hoisted up by skill issues right now. The turning of the N1Ks are strong at mid speed range, bleeds heavily in the vertical, and performs okay-ish with flaps at low speed but cant regain energy fast.

If you put the N1Ks in a losing situation, like the ones from the screenshots, it doesn’t matter about the performance and you can out turn it with a F7F, P-51-H, or any other manner of aircrafts at ~6.0. The Type 99s are also decent guns if you take universal or stealth belts as the HEF rounds are much stronger than the HEF-T rounds.

They should go down, but I like Percussion, I think you’re poking at this from the wrong direction and have a misled perception of how the plane’s strengths work.

1 Like

how is it wrong direction? man is playing ground rb where everyone is flying low, unaware of spots and tunnelvisioned onto tanks and busy avoiding antiair units. I posted a video of an air rb match where i climb to a significant altitude (where most ijnas planes suffer) and started to dunk on players by simple positioning skills while percussion has posted a random ass screenshot of a battle log and now keeps posting screenshots of ground RB. The n1ks there were not in losing situations, they literally were above me with all the due advantages. Most valued skill in a dogfight is to predict and place yourself wherever you think the enemy is going to move, thus making it look like they’re literally pulling into your guns.

@PercussionCap i challenge you to pick the n1k2j into an air rb match and send here a VIDEO of the complete game from the start to the end (be it your death or be it timeout or victory)

i also accidentally got into a 9.7 match when i lined up for ground rb with bt5 and mig19pt in the same lineup, got a kill, capped and two assists and then spawned the la-7. Surprise! god mode! does that even matter? no.

also the sk60 is a dog ass jet, i’ve handily outfought them and energy trapped them in f7f-1 and that thing is indeed atrocious. This thing you doing is literally as if I was complaining that my shotgun is heavy and can’t kill mountain wild boars and you came and said “its not that heavy and can kill stuff” posting a video of you walking around with it in a grassland killing foxes with it. Neither the same environment, nor the same situation, nor the same gameplay.

Which I immediately disproved by showing someone who was perfectly aware of, and fighting me.

Sounds like you’re the one finding the noobs.

Air RB is much more boring compared to running CAP in GRB. Plus, I want to grind the tanker tasks for the PLZ.

You didn’t post a full video, therefore neither shall I. Instead, I’ll find some competitive plane over which you claim the N1K2 has zero advantages compared to, and I’ll beat them.

I wish my replay of me in the N1K2 vs an F2G and F4U-4B at the same time wasn’t from an older version, because that was a pretty easy fight.

Which I immediately disproved by showing someone who was perfectly aware of, and fighting me.

you literally just posted a screenshot… you really cant compare a screenshot with a whole gameplay.

Sounds like you’re the one finding the noobs.

what?

Air RB is much more boring compared to running CAP in GRB. Plus, I want to grind the tanker tasks for the PLZ.

why is it boring? you have to climb and position yourself and cope with planes in energy advantage while on ground rb you can just dunk on everyone because mostly nobody climbs. Sure, when you can’t put your plane in an advantageous position to clap everyone easily it’s boring. That’s skill for ya.

You didn’t post a full video, therefore neither shall I. Instead, I’ll find some competitive plane over which you claim the N1K2 has zero advantages compared to, and I’ll beat them.

Not a full video? From takeoff to full ticket drainout after the enemy team’s vehicles were lost?

Oh wait, this is another thread, the other one i oploaded the video at is “move n1k2j to 4.7” where you also took part in but the snail guild removed it.

Try comparing low speed maneuvering between the two planes. The N1K2 is just better at converting a good energy state into a gun solution.
The N1K2 has a higher top speed at mid/high alt too, which is always useful, even if at the expense of some climb rate. Climb rate is already high enough to deal with the majority of opponents.