MY Issues With The Game:

I’ve started doing the same, spawning in SPAA at the start. Big tip for people playing SPAA switch to IRST mode, it helps a lot.

But I think we can all agree that the maps are to small, especially for top tier games, and that has a knock on effect when playing SPAA, I find it difficult to position myself without staying static in the spawn (even in spawn you get smoked).

2 Likes

Using SPAA is cheap, and it’s just a straight dedicated threat to air if it’s chosen to be.

I usually spawn my air second, but much of the time it’s a good plan to even spawn the SPAA second and get more SP before spawning the plane and merely losing the SP you had stashed for the plane by not getting anything.

2 Likes

The problem with ‘moving’ SPAA is that there are enemy tanks on the battlefield and by moving away from spawn You can become their target (especially when You are shooting at the planes).

Not to mention that most SPAA have effective range of <1000 [m] (Talking about 1.0 - 8.0), which already creates a big problem that SPAA can’t defend most of the ground units.

1 Like

Ok the RP part was general, but also ridiculous.

The rest is the usual RB GF arrogance of littering the general section with their issues.

Want to talk about RB → Realistic Battle - War Thunder — official forum

Here is the place for that. Leave general for general issues. CAS isn’t a general issue.

1 Like

It often depends on the situation. I’m not going to fly into a group of 5 aircraft alone in a fighter plane.
As an SPAA you have to have something up your sleeve if you want to be useful. The battle lines often shift in a fight and it’s a fine line to dance on. Watch the sky and the battlefield, listen to what’s happening. It’s quite demanding. But that’s also what makes it so appealing to me.