Move VIDAR to 9.3

Sure, granted. Compared to other vehicles at its Br

At literally top tier sure, but at every other Tier its average consisting of glass cannons.

Sure but do they have the same:

• Firerate
  • Ammunition capacity
  • Mobility
  • Survivability
  • Numerical advantage

Sweden and the US, are the only nations that still only has plain 40mm gun carriers to use as SPAA for 4.7 - 8.7-ish, well the US atleast has the Brrrt

what’s the point of a high firerate if skrezhet has no damage or penetration? It is completely useless against tanks in its current iteration.

really? then why does sweden have such op vehicles as delat torn, lvtgb m40, lvkv 42, L-62 anti, the best Sherman in the game, spg at 4.0 with 400 mm penetration, john veak, itpsv 90, bmp 1 at 6.7, bkan toxic vidar, and also very good planes and ground lineups?

its opponents are leopards and abrams, which are better in everything

None of those are op (except the L-62 and maybe Vidar.

The Delat Torn has a bad chassis and no survivability, the lvtgd m/40 is just a truck, the lvkv 42 has very little ammo, the best Sherman ingame is the 76mm Jumbo, and the Ikv-103 is quite bad despite its pen. The VEAK is fine where it is, same with the next spaa you mentioned. The BMP-1 lacks an atgm (I think), and the Bkan is hardly op, it has 14 rounds and has some huge downsides.

1 Like

That is literally the reason you have the higher Fire rate, as long as you know where to shoot your enemy, it will wreck them in milliseconds.

Leopards, Abram’s. literally have a entire different role.

This exactly

As a Ikv 103 enjoyer- ouch but true really

certainly, however its placed at 6.7 and it is one of the really good vehicles in the Swedish TT, and its literally russian

9.3 no since that’s just too high, 8.7 or 9.0 on the far end yes.

1 Like

this is a joke right?

1 Like

so if the bmp2m is mediocre
What is the puma or bradley are ?
bmp2m is still better by miles, but it got because #russiasuffers apfsds that russia isn’t even using on those tanks :))

1 Like

and where then spaa with 50 mm of penetration wrecks tanks?

but these are its main enemies.

they re trash. but the presence of badley and puma on this br does not make the bmp better)

the chassis is good, the speed is high, survivability is also good due to the fact that the shells are not cocked. At the same time, it also has fast reloading and an excellent gun.

which is very good at destroying tanks.

it is enough to do 10+ kills

he’s far from the best. there is no armor, and the 76mm is worse than all the opponents’ guns. at the same time, at 6.7 there is a excellent pershing jumbo, which is better in everything.
so, the best Sherman is swedish.

btw, forgot to mention the sav 20 12 48.

its not op, it is very good

However it is not op, it can just work as an SPAA and a light tank.

It has a fast firing bofors 40mm with about 100 rounds of ammo. It does not have a lot of pen, and it is not at a BR where it can perform anti tank duties effectively.

I will stand by my belief that the 76 Jumbo is incredibly good. What makes the Swedish Sherman so good?

It is undertiered, but that’s a less common premium tank.

That its swedish apperently, and is played by the high IQ players that use the tactics of regular Swedish tanks that works well with it surprisingly. So seeing it perform better than average the natural reaction is to call it out as OP, Because the armour is not anything special, missing a Hull MG and a fifty calibre MG literally a worse Sherman

And you are right, it is very good

KV-1s. While the Lvkv 42 can handle T-34s, it’s not sufficient against other heavy formidable foes.

Moreover, Gaijin’s selection of the Lvkv 42, a rare prototype never remotely accepted into service, baffles logic. There’s so little information available that even our esteemed National Armour Museum remains in the dark about it, despite having it in its inventory. It begs the question: Where did Gaijin unearth these details when our own museum lacks any insight?

Regarding its armament, the AP belt measures a mere 95mm at 10m, with the potential for APDS rounds given their production the preceding year, boasting 120mm of penetration at 100m at a 90-degree angle.

Interestingly, the VEAK 40 actually utilized APDS ammunition; however, integrating it into the game would pose a significant challenge in terms of balance.

Furthermore, the Swedish Lvakan 48 (40mm L/70) in-game currently suffers from incorrect muzzle velocity and ammunition, mirroring the properties of its predecessor, the Lvakan 36 (40mm L/60) ammunition. Its current velocity hovers around 850m/s, whereas in reality, it clocks in at 1000m/s.

In the grand scheme, Swedish tanks excel primarily due to their formidable guns and exceptional gun depression, allowing players to exploit terrain features for tactical advantage. Employing defensive strategies or opting for flanking maneuvers represents the predominant playstyle for Sweden. Additionally, Swedish players are often regarded as more skilled, given that a significant portion of them are at or around level 100. This high level of experience and dedication further emphasizes the strategic finesse required to effectively wield Swedish tanks on the battlefield.

[For more details, refer to my bug report about the issue: Community Feedback on War Thunder]

Isn’t it a fair trade when VIDAR has the ability to kill T-90M M1A2 and Challenger 3 from front with its laser range finder and 155mm howitzer combination, survivability of withstanding a shot of 3BM60(especially when VIDAR only carries 10-15 rounds) , and all-round protection from 50 cal? Not to mention VIDAR’s ability to fire 3 rounds woth reloading speed of 7.8 secs (and that is stock crew)

missing a hull mg makes it a better sherman, I bet you don’t play early ww2 br GRB so you don’t know it. the hull mg of M4A2 chassis is a weak point, and it’s removed on Swedish Sherman.

the only reason for 76mm jumbo at 6.3 is the cry babies of german tech tree players. 76mm jumbo and pershing

1 Like

ive get killed from the front by any soviet, brittish, amrican. etc, tank shooting my hull anyway. And from playing the italian m4 i can say ive never witnessed anybody try to aim for my mg port !?

Also i mostly meet germany and they just cut through my sherman like a hot knife through butter, at a distance. My strategy with the Sherman is to Get to a slope angle and orient my hull so its a more of a angle so my defence is greater. Or to simply use it as a flanker at 5.0

also its a 155mm HE, what do you expect it to do? not one tap the tank. its a huge shell. its like saying why does the Sturmtiger oneshot my tank? (a major stretch i know, but just a example) Artillery is probably the most danger a tank can face, except another tank.