More ground vehicles that could be added to the Hungarian Subtree

Should Gaijin add more of these vehicles to the Hungarian ground subtree?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

The long-awaited Hungarian subtree for Italy has been released, but it includes too few Hungarian vehicles and has too many gaps.

I present to you 38 new researchable vehicles and 10 more premium vehicles that could be added to the Hungarian subtree for Italy if needed, some of which can solve problems that the Italian ground tree faces, such as a lack of original WW2 tanks, lack of heavy tanks, and a lack of SPAA (especially at high tiers).

Compare that to the recently released Hungarian subtree with just 11 researchable vehicles, 6 of which are copy-pastes.

Note: This post was originally going to be my suggestion for a Hungarian ground forces subtree, but since then I created a different, much better and more realistic version. This post now serves as simply a demonstration/collection of Hungarian ground vehicles that could be added to fill in gaps and improve the subtree, but all of these vehicles clearly can’t be implemented in this form anymore.

HERE YOU CAN SEE MY (OLD) SUBTREE IDEA FOR YOURSELF: Hungarian Ground Forces Subtree

After making the old subtree, Gaijin released the Hungarian ground subtree and I realised that my old subtree can never be implemented in its form and so I made a new, more feasible subtree based on Gaijin’s subtree that they implemented. Below, you can see my new and improved subtree which is a more realistic suggestion and the suggested vehicles can all be added to improve the Hungarian subtree currently in-game.

HERE YOU CAN SEE MY NEW AND IMPROVED SUBTREE FOR YOURSELF: https://victory799.neocities.org/

My old subtree idea in image form:

The purpose of this post is to show Hungarian ground vehicles that could be added to fill in gaps and improve the existing subtree, but all of these vehicles clearly can’t be implemented in this form anymore. Hopefully we can get Gaijin to improve the current Hungarian subtree by adding some of the Hungarian vehicles they are missing, both WW2 and postwar/cold war/modern vehicles. This can be done in future patches, expanding the Hungarian tree in multiple updates to a size closer to what I have demonstrated Hungary can grow to.

I would like to thank atta26hu for finding and researching a lot of the most obscure/forgotten vehicles shown here.

So, what do you think about my old subtree idea and some of these new vehicles? Should Gaijin work to expand the Hungarian subtree? What about my new, more feasible ground subtree, do you support it?

1 Like

Yeah let’s give half of the soviet tree and all german wwii tanks. This will be so neat

4 Likes

Most of those are fillers and not necessary at all, just to show what could be added if needed.

Leopard 2A4 - No, copy paste.
T-72 Currus - Sure, Idk what changes were made but it’s better than another T-72M1(T-72A).
T-72M1 - No, copy paste.
T-55AM - No, copy paste.
T-55A SZRP - Sure.
T-54 - No, copy paste.
IS-3 - No, copy paste.
IS-2 - No, copy paste.
Panther - No, copy paste.
Tiger I - No, copy paste.
44M Tas - Yes.
44M Tas Prototype - Was it fully functional? Or at least finished at around 50%?
43M Turan III - Yes.
Panzer IV H - No, copy paste.
Panzer III M - No, copy paste.
41M Turan II - Yes.
40M Turan I - Yes.
43M Toldi III - Yes.
42M Toldi II - Yes.
38M Toldi I - Yes.
39M Csaba - Yes.
Straussler V-4 - Yes because it looks cute.
Raba Botond Sorozatveto - uhh… yes.
Csepel D-344 KPVT - Yes.
Csepel D-350 Sorozatveto - Event maybe?
43M Zrinyi II - Yes.
Toldi Pancelvadasz - Yes.
40M Nimród - No, copy paste.
44M Zrinyi I - Yes.
Hetzer - No, copy paste.
StuG III G - No, copy paste.
Raba Botond Buzogayveto - Yes?
Nimród Buzoganyveti something 5.0 - Yes.
Toldi II Buzoganyveto - Yes.
2B9 AMB - Yes, event maybe?
2B9 MT-LBu - Yes, event maybe?
2S1 - No, copy paste.
SU-100 - No, copy paste.
2S3 - No, copy paste.
PSZH - Yes.
KTJ Szocske SZPG-9 - Yes.
BMP-1 - No, copy paste.
ZSU-23-4 - No, copy paste.
GAZ-66 Igla Lama - Yes.
UNIMOG Mistral - Yes.
9K35 Strela-10 - No, copy paste.
2K12 KUB - How the fuck u gonna add it? It literally requires a radar that is mounted on different vehicle, it doesn’t have a radar on it’s own leave alone some “manual optics” for radar-guided missile, It’s like adding a Patriot.
Lynx KF41 - Yes.
BMP-1 OWS-25 CURRUS - Yes.
T-55 (1956 Uprising) - Yes, historical value.
BTR-80M - As premium Yes.
ZSU-57-2 - No, copy paste.
T-34-85 - If there is no better premium alternative then yes…
DE-81SP Mercedes Unimog - Yes.
Krupp Protze Buzoganyveto - Yes.
Zrinyi I Sorozatveto - Yes.
Panzer III N - No, copy paste unless no other premium alternative.
Marder II - No, copy paste unless no other premium alternative.
Turan II (2nd Armoured Division) - Yes, historical value.
Panzer IV F1 - No, copy paste unless no other premium alternative.
Panzer 38(t) F (T-38) - No, copy paste.
Toldi IIA (2nd Armoured Division) - Yes.
Opel Blitz 39.M Gebauer - Yes.

why would italy get 2a7 before germany?

Leopard 2A4 - No, copy paste.

It’s necessary as there would be a gap here without it.

T-55AM - No, copy paste.

Wrong, it’s a Hungarian modification which confusingly has the same name as a Soviet one.

Panther - No, copy paste.
Tiger I - No, copy paste.
Hetzer - No, copy paste.

Surely these are interesting and unique, as pretty much no other nations have them, also Italy has absolutely no heavies, so these would be very useful.

44M Tas Prototype - Was it fully functional? Or at least finished at around 50%?

It was over 50% complete when it was destroyed in a bombing raid unfortunately. The chassis/hull was complete and fully functional, work was underway on the turret, and the gun and gun sights were already complete. I suggested it and it was approved, so it should be fine.

40M Nimród - No, copy paste.

NO NO NO, that’s a complete lie! The Nimrod is not a copy-paste of anything; it was based on the Swedish L-62 ANTI II, but it was modified and improved (a lot). The most obvious changes are the redesigned turret, extra crewmember, access to special Hungarian anti-tank rounds, and access to a Hungarian shaped-charge grenade for use against tanks.

2K12 KUB - How the fuck u gonna add it? It literally requires a radar that is mounted on different vehicle, it doesn’t have a radar on it’s own leave alone some “manual optics” for radar-guided missile, It’s like adding a Patriot.

Upon further research, I realised that too, it’s a bit late now. Oh well, pretend it’s not there.

Copy-pastes - No

Most can be removed, only a few are actually necessary.

5 Likes

When did I say before Germany? I don’t mind when it’s added.

my bad

Because 2A7+ is not 2A7, 2A7+ just like KF41 is only used by Hungary (and Qatar).

1 Like

NO NO NO, that’s a complete lie! The Nimrod is not a copy-paste of anything; it was based on the Swedish L-62 ANTI II, but it was modified and improved (a lot). The most obvious changes are the redesigned turret, extra crewmember, access to special Hungarian anti-tank rounds, and access to a Hungarian shaped-charge grenade for use against tanks.

Ok, my bad.

It was over 50% complete when it was destroyed in a bombing raid unfortunately. The chassis/hull was complete and fully functional, work was underway on the turret, and the gun and gun sights were already complete. I suggested it and it was approved, so it should be fine.

Nice.

Wrong, it’s a Hungarian modification which confusingly has the same name as a Soviet one.

I think every Warsaw Pact member had their own “T-55AM” with some local modifications done to it, like Polish T-55AM which compared to russian one had different fire control system, laser warning receiver and iirc different smoke launchers.

Anyway if that’s the case then that’s fine.

1 Like

For me, if they added those that are already in the premium version of the event and the nimrod I would feel more than satisfied, as it is a sub-branch you can’t put many vehicles either, but at least they would put the most iconic ones in the country, and unfortunately three of them are hidden. I would also add the pz38 and hetzer, since esd also used them.

1 Like

Some WW2 German tanks could be added. My main problem is that the later tanks had the balkenkreuz unchanged on them, which is kind of unfortunate. (If I know it well, honestly I don’t searched as much in the topic as you guys) So I would add the T38 and Pz 4 F1, as they existed with the hungarian version of balkenkreuz. Maybe the later tanks, like the Stug III G with 700-731 seriel numbers on it or the Bigcats could be added as premium vehichles, as these kind of singns could be on them, to dictinct them from the German counterparts. Unlike the techtree vehichles which usually have a more common look.

1 Like

They’d get it at the same time in December.