More and better decals for WW2 tanks

With so much copy paste about I was thinking how useful it might be to have more decals to make copied tanks different in appearance.Even if it was realistic longer numbers for US and UK tanks or The red outlined numbers for Germany. China and Isreal are totally neglected.Even if they were for sale or in packs it might be nice.Big german open white cross would be good as seen on the captured churchill.7th armoured uk is a suprising admission.We have so many useless decals yet so many good ones missing.

6 Likes

Absolutely!

A lot of decals are added quite regularly, but mostly boring or very specific stuff that looks very similar.

“Useful” decals like numbers and digits are added very rarely (most of the multi-digit numbers we have in game now were added in one patch, long long ago…).

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be opposed.

1 Like

Funny you should mention it! You actually used to get this decal for purchasing the German Churchill back in the day. You can’t get this one anymore, sadly as they stopped including decals with premium vehicles.

Screenshot_20240527-153658_Firefox

2 Likes

I dont mind spending a little to pick the good ones up,they are relatively cheap and it all adds up for Gaijin.More numbers would be great especially for my panther collection and ww2 UK 👍

1 Like

Yes, originally those markings of special premium vehicles came as decals, now they are all directly part of the skin.

I dislike this for two reasons: a) can’t have that vehicle without the special marking, and b) can’t use the special marking for any other vehicle…

3 Likes

I know of a person who bought the churchill in the sale at 50% just for the cross but he didnt get it lol ,maybe offering the decal might encourage premium sales.either way would love that cross separately

I used to decorate all my tanks with a combination of a decal we got with te Iron Duke Comet and the Swiss flag:

Spoiler

Both of those schemes would not be possible now as the decals are not given anymore, and the vehicle markings stay on, where before they were only visible on the default camo.

Luckily, if you purchased those vehicles where the decal were still separate, you got to keep them, so I can still use those…

3 Likes

Looks great. I am suprised its not something Gaijin are more into.Many people have a personal attachment to certain units or just have a little national pride maybe.I actually have premiums simply because they offer an alternative scheme,so people do spend in suprising areas if they are interested enough.They make nice prizes too and maybe bring in more countries who dont have a tech tree of their own.Nice to see your support for this anyway.Many thanks 😊

1 Like

The ability to use black letters and numbers, instead of white, would be welcomed. Especially on the desert or lighter paint schemes.

1 Like