Modern ARH (FOX 3) Missile - History, Performance & Discussion

Nah pantsir radar works a bit differently

by how ?

The multitrack capability is really really badly implemented and makes all the locks kinda terrible.
https://youtube.com/shorts/kTyDOdhDc18?si=pg-DbiML91aNgGYd

Yea, i dont think thats how the track should work, its just weird.

Do you mean the multi guidance where it can guide two missiles at once, or the attempt to make an AESA radar?

Both are frankly jank but they do still function well enough for the system to be quite the threat.

That and I concur with this, along with server tickrates being variable and heavily impacting missile performance, its issues compounding eachother.

1 Like

He means the track, well in game track of Pantsir and Tor does line by line search pattern tho. Every time a beam strikes the main target it is counted as locked, and when it hits something that is not the main one it gets the TWS lock.

Ah then yeah that makes sense.

Isn’t the FCR a older PESA concept and not a AESA, or frankly both might be.

Would explain why its not a super fast rave like a proper AESA.

Oh it is fast, just my game is very slow
Give me a sec

Fast yeah, thought PESAs continued with standard search patterns and AESAs more just flood an area with multiple beams.

eg

Well that is the thing im not sure, i doubt PESA track would work like that. It just seems wrong to me. I would assume if you track something you redirect some of the antenne to it and engage them, not scan the whole spectrum, and when you find a new target you engage some antenne at it too, just not at the same time as there is only one TRM

If it was a SPY radar I believe it works similarly to how you describe, cant say for the S1’s in particular as it’s function is not fully known, but I would not be surprised if gaijin skimped on implementing such radar types properly.

I wanted to say that they are not even consitent in how PESA VS AESA search radars work, but i have to double check myself

Would EDR 120 be considered a PESA? or would it still be a AESA like 140?
Main thing is that 120 has 1 transmitter module

Spoiler

Yeah but they arent really related to missile oscilations for AAM’s, that was kinda my point.

No its just bad wording, they mean dragging the missile left and right by turning.

I underatand that, but increased induced drag from minor oacillations will also have a more significant effect. If missiles are oscillating more now due to radar error and unoptimized PID controllers, the oscillations will have a greater impact on terminal performance, and the loss in energy at each oscillation will lead to the next oscillation needing to be larger to account for “proper” lead for intercept.

I might check the change in datamine specifically and make a custome AIM-120 or MICA or something to test the difference it makes later.

@dark_claw Did you get around to making one yet?

Has anyone else had issues launching R-77 with the TW mode?

Aim-120 just seems to be the outright best fox-3 due to it having what looks like very low drag.

2 Likes

It has too little energy potential to make launching in TWS worth it, generally runs out of energy too early unless you launch at high speed and high altitude.

And even then, that’s if the enemy doesn’t do much in the way of defensive flying to drain it of energy even further.

Best use case is inside its 16km active range.

1 Like