Modern ARH (FOX 3) Missile - History, Performance & Discussion

My issue is that in TWS it wont launch…
I know at what ranges to attempt using it. Are there any setting messing with that lock/launch?

The R-77 has excessive drag

4 Likes

I mean, ya seen those things on the back of it? I would assume they have a lotta drag ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Low attitude test.
Since gaijin did not modify the flight data of 27er and derby, their test results are from previous tests.
AIM-120A is best.
C5 has better LOFT, but due to the particularly low drug of A, it seems to have no advantage.
R-77-1 is similar to the MICA at close range, but still cannot beat the 120A at mid or long range.
AAM-4 looks like a weaker AIM-120A, except longer battery life (100s).

9 Likes

Was launching fine when I used it last shortly after the update dropped, unless something changed since.

Does AIM-120A/B meet or exceed the shots outlined in the SHAR FA2 manual? (Or whatever it was I know it was discussed somewhere.)

Thanks, any for 6,000 or 7,000 meters alt?

And what about the panels? They do not give such an increase

Aim-120 Surpasses ER, which is impossible, ER does not reach speeds of 120 m/s

Who said it surpasses ER?

How is this at all surprising when you launch at Mach 1.6?

The speed at the end of the path

Yes, because R-27ER was not lofted, while AIM-120s were. Loft helps keep the average speed up high. Manually lofted R-27ER would surpass everything like the charts before.

In DCS, the ER keeps the speed higher, which is correct, and at the level of the C version.And it should be worse

DCS should be ignored, even they admitted they have to work on their R-27ER. Their AIM-7F modeling is wrong too.

But the speed indicators of the R-27ER are correct

This is the entirely expected result of comparing a draggy, high impulse missile versus a less draggy, lower impulse missile in a high speed shot.

1 Like

Then perhaps something is going on with their AIM-120s or ours. Idk.

There were studies on 120

This is a third-party site

None of that is useful, especially when better materials apparently exists. AIM-120A has primary source materials from the Brits.