Mitsubishi F-15J

I like it but im sad we still didnt get a buyable aggressor skin with so many to choose frome

1 Like

Yea I saw, it’s alright but I like spaz said, I’d love some kind of aggressor skin. Personally, some kind of blue skin that’s not crazy with emblems and writing so I can put my own on there.

2 Likes

Was wondering, How many AAM-4s can the F15J(M) actually mount? is it just the 4 as is currently or is it higher?.

4, AAM4 is heavier

1 Like

Has anyone tested the AAM-4 today? It got changed its range is accurate its weight seems to have gotten fixed as well and ofc it pulls less

There were no changes to it today, tested it multiple times yesterday after all the changes came.

2 Likes

Never noticed the changes yesterday, cheers though

So, there is no J/APQ-1 on the in-game version of the F-15J(M)? We should make a bugreport, I guess

Spoiler

There are two already (one internal).

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/4axnlbjAbCbD

Yeah, but it looks like they “forgot” about it

Datamine for AAM-4, just found it from reddit

Spoiler

2.37.0.9 → 2.37.0.10

AAM-4:
◦ Length: 3.1 ->3.667 m
◦ Drag coefficient: 1.6 → 1.55
◦ Wing area multiplier: 1.4 → 1.275
◦ Max fin AoA: 36° → 33.94413°
◦ Max fin lateral acceleration: 45 → 33.9305 m/s2
◦ Mass: 223-> 222 kg
◦ Mass at end of booster burn: 88.3 → 155 kg
◦ Force of booster: 20250-> 20100 N
◦ Burn time of booster: 2.75 ->7.5s
◦ 10720 N 4 s sustainer removed
◦ Guidance duration:80 > 100s
◦ Max flight distance: 80 → 100 km
◦ Explosive: 7.665711 kg PBXN-110 (9.81211008 kg
TNTe) → 12.64 kg PBXN-102 (16,1792 kg TNTe)
◦ Transmitter: angle of half sensitivity: 7.5°-> 15°
◦ Receiver: angle of half sensitivity: 7.5° → 15°
◦ Doppler speed refwidth: 100 → 80
◦ Max G-load: 40 → 32
◦ PID proportional term: 0.0016 → 0.0191
◦ PID integral term: 0.0251 → 0.0075
◦ PID derivative term: 0.0006 → 0.00045
◦ Added guidance tables

this in the game yet?

1 Like

It is, and what @WreckingAres283 has already tested. We’re waiting for more changes, if they’ll happen, after the update bugs are fixed.

3 Likes

Noice
Not getting my M yet but if i can yeet this from across the map in GRB against CAS I’m happy already

I hope they do because it being worse then the AMRAAM is a travesty.

Also I feel like its supposed to pull more then 32? But its better then nothing I suppose

They dont have and concrete numbers unfortunately. They probably derived the 32 by using the acceleration force at its previous weight (when its motor was more than half the missile weight) and then bumping the weight up to its current one and having the formula finish the rest.

so (a+b = c) but now its (2a+(b/a)=c) where the lateral acceleration is the (b/a) portion

1 Like

So basically Japan is doomed to have our missles be copies of the US counterpart or made worse somehow like this

maybe, maybe not. depends on the stance the devs have on the bug reports and information we find. so far its not promising

1 Like

The bug report sustem needs a serious look at or rework because this whole debacle proves that since we’re so modern theyll just keep denying reports

If the current performance remains as it is, AAM-4 will probably just be used to advertise the update. Given the current performance, I think it’s best to delete it until something like aim-120c-5 comes out.

I agree with this. Having AIM-120B for now there is no need for a proper AAM-4, and having it in game now does more harm than good.

Currently they are trying to balance a superior missile that shouldn’t have any disadvantages save for weight and carrying capacity with the AIM-120B.
We end up with a missile that loses agility, speed, acceleration and even warhead power when compared to the real missile, just so it can be in game earlier.And add to all that the constantly denied reports compiling all available sources that take away all hope of having it fixed in the future.

AAM-4 has a dual stage motor that is similar to the AIM-7F/Ms, yet higher thrust to an unknown degree, but Gaijin decides to instead base it off a slightly altered to match the higher weight AIM-120C-5, while lowering agility despite most sources hinting at superior agility to AIM-120B.

And what I don’t think enough people realize is that the AAM-4B will be the top end of Japanese missiles, and is at risk of being just as held back as the AAM-4 is now. Chances are they just put the new seeker on their current AAM-4, which would severely hinder Japanese missiles going forward and force us to rely heavily on American exported missiles.

5 Likes