Missing AIM-120 on F-16 MLU

Convince me otherwise that they are doing this just to add an F-16A MLU (Late) with correct weapons and flares in a later patch.

That would be nice

1 Like

They could be separating things out into;

“Block 20” (new build airframes to the Block -15OCU configuration in all but name); a Production F-16A airframe, with some backported features / equipment from later developments, though not the latest available at the time. these 150 airframes were purchased via the FMS program “Peace Fenghuang” this would represent an introductory / early configuration from around the 1992~'98 timeframe, and sit somewhere between the block 10 and -block 50 (as currently implemented),

Some additional capabilities were acquired & refitted over the years(2001~'16), but that’s more or less depending on the specific configuration implemented rather than the variant itself, and so dependent on Gaijin.
For example; being able to use the TGP to slew Maverick seekers was removed(due to using the downgraded Pathfinder / Sharpshooter derived from the LANTIRN pod). But was effectively made redundant when they were replaced with LITENING & SNIPER ATP Targeting pods, with the MLU agreement. As well as a number of Indigenous developments

Block 20 MLU (as it reads, a Mid Life Upgrade to the Block 20s to bring the airframes closer to the cutting edge Block 50+ / V-70 standard) I’m using this to specifically refer to the configuration approved of in 2016, which is not what has been / will be delivered due to further developments in the space, with what was agreed on, it would have looked fairly similar to the upcoming Belgian F-16AM, with the SABR (APG-83) radar, replacing the APG-66(V)3 and a number of additional advanced stores options(e.g. EGBU, JDAM & L-JDAM, CBU-105 & AIM-9X ) that have yet to be implemented in game.

And then there is the actually delivered(due to delays with the prior agreed on timeline and emerging priorities causing a 2nd round of additional spending) F-16V-7x, which again backports additional capabilities from assorted 5th generation airframes ( and the IRST off the Block -60) to obviously provide a better chance at blunting the expected Threat Actor’s advancing capabilities if the need arose.

Even if they don’t give the plane AMRAAM, it would be nice to see the missiles corrected from 9P → 9L to the more historical 9P-4 → 9M. It was understandable when the vehicle released in late 2022 given what was available at the time, however there is no significant reason for the plane to not be given it’s more historical loadouts in the current age. If that means raising the BR to accommodate it, so be it.

However, it seems Gaijin is determined to lure people into the new subtree with overpowered F-16s by only giving the Belgian MLU its correct weapons and giving the Belgian F-16A @ 12.0 access to extra countermeasures & 9Ms, despite the Netz being up-tiered for having Python-3s instead of 9Ls.

Hopefully the Chinese MLU will receive more favorable treatment in the coming patches.

7 Likes

Wait 12???

I also feel it’d be pretty potent if it got its full weapons and countermeasures suite.

120 countermeasures, AN/ALQ-184(V)7, and AN/ALE-50’s (when/if they come) should help it out considerably against missiles.

1 Like

It’s a joke lmao

The F4D-1 is from 1956-8

Obviously, gaijin has different treatment processes and even defamation for different countries.

1 Like

Just gonna put something in here to bring this thread back up to the top

China should get the JF-17

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/Z6hlgQa4QBdR
new report for name, please support

if this passes there is chance for a “late” with amraams, if not we will have to wait until f16v

1 Like

Im pretty sure they renamed it and removed the extra countermeasures from it so it can’t get the AIM-120

The name wasnt changed iirc, however the removal of countermeasures is a fictional idea they made up in their head. the f16a 20 should have 120 countermeasures as it has always had them throughout service from the start.
the version in game only has the wrong name and is missing now 60 CMs

4 Likes

knowing gaijin, they will add a copy paste version called “late” with the missing ordnance just to add a 400k rp grindwall and milk it for cash. they need to change the name regardless it they are going to do this.

5 Likes

I expect x2 (stock) & x6 AIM-9P and x6 AIM-9L replace by AIM-9P-4 & AIM-9M. and increase lock range AIM-7M to 50 km like F-16C Block 50

But F-16A MLU max BR up to 12.3 (Air AB, Air RB & Air SB)

I guess would be F-16A MLU (2007) or F-16A MLU Late at 13.0 or 13.3 BR after F-16A MLU because Air-to-Air Missile full options. and with LANTIRN (AN/AAQ-14 Sharpshooter Targeting Pod & AN/AAQ-20 Pathfinder Navigation Pod), GBU-10 & GBU-12 Paveway II Laser Guided Bomb, AGM-65G-2 Maverick and AGM-84 Harpoon (AGM-84G & AGM-84L)

I have a hunch that 3 fighter aircraft 13.0 from ROCAF gap between F-16A MLU and F-16A MLU (2007). but don’t know gaijin call F-16A MLU (2007) or F-16A MLU Late

1 Like

I’d rather just have them put the F-CK-1A in between the F-5E and fully upgrade the F-16A block 20. It’s a good in between fighter.

If they split between early or late then they could be 4-8 F-16’s possible in the Chinese tech tree.

F-16A block 20 early
F-16A block 20 late
F-16V block 20
F-16V block 70

and their 2 seater variants.

1 Like

I feel like having an early and late version doesn’t fix the problem of China not getting arh missiles on any current planes that are actually good. I’d rather they just fix the one we have to get everything post software update, because a software update isn’t an upgrade package. There’s plenty of other things to fill the gap and a copy paste f16 with one different missile won’t be fun to grind.

I know it was way easier to implement the j11a because it’s basically just copy paste with minor changes but I would have preferred a
f-ck-1 or a jf-17 to make the tree more unique.

the problem is that gaijin is trying to milk the F-16 as much as they can. They will not fix it as its against their interests and will earn them less money as opposed to the 400k rp grindwall for a new copy paste plane. Its also very easy for them to implement and would make them a quick buck for almost no effort. we will likely have to wait 1-2 updates if not more for the actual block 20 with its full weaponry.

1 Like