Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

You should probably stop shooting SARH’s at enemies that are chasing teammates towards you…

That was a test I did immediately after the first video to see if it was normal or an exception and also to see if it worked in rb too, given that missiles seem to be working differently in different modes

Best mode is normal search and hdn for more than 10km normal pd sucks for some reason

@Smin1080p Has this particular issue been reported yet? If not I’ll try to report it unless the missile / radar devs can reply and make mention if it is intentional or not.

1 Like

what is this

The HUD shows the distance to the Radar locked target now

grafik

3 Likes

very neat in sim battles

1 Like

agree! very useful

Just something neat I got from a US museum.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/956199388424851477/1128756015228272701/Matradocument.jpg

5 Likes

It seems similar to the MiG-31 it was able to launch and guide multiple fox-1s at the same time against separate targets.

Dont think thats how it should be read seeing as it seems to state the occurrences in order they are performed, and the 2nd 530D launch is set after the first target is destroyed

3 Likes

mig-31 have pesa radar with specific missile.
Here 2nd 530d firing after first 530d shot down enemy

What this document comfort me about is that at low alttitude and in shootdown config 530D resist a lot to ground clutter if this feature is implemented it could change many things for the Mirage.

1 Like

@DirectSupport do you have info on the RCS of the target in your 530D lock range report? I’m asking because Gaijin’s standard for lock range appears to be 2m squared according to this report: Skyflash / RB71 should have 37 km lock range instead of 30 km - Documented Aircraft Reports - War Thunder - Official Forum

Good question, the document shows a 47km lock-on range against a target that appears to be either Mig-25 or Mig-31. The F-14 could be a good substitute. Im unsure what the approriate rcs would be for Mig-25/Mig-31 type of target.

And whats funny is, looking into the datamine of Skyflash and AIM-7F/M, the missiles are arbitrarily set to have a maximum of 42km and 45km maximum respectively.

1 Like

Hmm, the ratio in comparison to the statcard is about 1.13 for both examples, maybe the files show the range against something large, with dimensions of a char 2c lol

All seeker ranges apparently have a maximum of 3 extra km. Against something large like a bomber, it would be much more than 3km. But at the same time, we don’t have top tier bombers, and the kinetic range of missiles is on par with seeker range atm.

Shamelessly stole the screenshot from @tripod2008 but looks like they still plan on adding MAWS to M2K, just that there’s some issues doing it.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/849384602262700082/1129923909563732038/396ba973e7cf8d873ccab2b9dc28f07476ef2bd9.png

4 Likes

is there any progress with the reports that the mirage 5f might get hmd ?

it was submitted as a suggestion to the devs i haven’t heard anything else though

1 Like