Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

yeah isnt the Magic II IRL better than that?

It was recently ‘corrected’ but there are other changes in the works such as 50G and improved IRCCM.

1 Like

I don’t think so. The magic 2 could be resumed as “go fast but not far” type of missile. It goes extremely fast, turns extremely well, but ends out of fuel (and hence slow down) really quickly, especially when maneuvering.
The current glaring issue in the way the magic 2 handles is still his limited G load, as it is still only using single plane maneuvering, while under dual plane it can handle 50G constant max load.
Then, there’s an issue with the activation time of the fuse, and the IRCCM not being powerful enough. Overwise i think he is pretty good for now.
There’s a reason why the French army used the MICA IR, as it’s apt he more expensive, but extra long range IR missile in the French armement.
However, according to SMin. The missile is too powerful for the current game, but we’ll see in the next few updates, as it might become more relevant

1 Like

Oh I was under the impression it had range akin to the Aim9L. That sucks BUT if they give us the 50G total eventually like Mig said I am happy with that.

doesn’t have the dog fight capability of the r73 but not quite the range of the aim9 i think it has almost the best of both worlds if it gets the 50g and better irccm in the future, like the mica it’s versatility is its best trait.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree, and it’s got python type of acceleration too, so I am not complaining too much. I just thought it had more range than that. Can’t have it all.

That is a great way to look at it. Highly versatile being we can only hold so many. Can’t wait for the M4k!

1 Like

I did not get the chance to quite read all this. I see, makes perfect sense. Thank you!

4x Magics for the S5 though? Does not seem like an out-of-pocket request. : )

Or even 4x magic I’s would on the S5 would be sick and unique. 2x2x Magic 1’s and 2’s

Considering the 5F does carry 4 magic 2s, there are no reason as of why the S5 can’t, aside from having wanting to make the 5F more unique I guess.

1 Like

Also no HMS either… No reason to hold 4x Magic IIs. You get HMS and 6xPL-8s with J8F…

Yeah, want to keep the 5F special and unique.

The non presence of this loadout for the moment goes way beyond just 5F being unique :

1. Magic 2 still has numerous buffs to get through time
  2. Maintaining 11.7 BR because such loadout with 4xIRCCM missiles that are unflarable at close range in BRs such as 10.7 with such a strong platform just almost indecent + such BR will be impossible to maintain with that loadout in the future.
  3. C-S5 is kind of bound to replace the actual 5F that’ll surely go up in BR in the future, also there is possibility 4 Magic 2 come to C-S5 but a little bit later which will probably resulty in Mirage 2000 C to be 12.0 while 5F will be probably 13.0
2 Likes

interesting perspective. Makes sense.

The S5 is pretty good now as is at 11.7 too.

The Mirage 2000C-S3 exists in-game and can be used with 2x magic 2 and 2x super 530F loadout for 11.7 in the future, but I wouldn’t want to grind through that to get two more M2K’s.

the more M2Ks the better! I will take all of them and every color they came in, please.

I don’t even remember the lighting and cockpit being this advanced looking. Its been too long since I played the 5F heavy.

I think 5th gens use the LED hue.

1 Like

Since some people have been getting confused on the potential loadouts for Mirage 2000-5F with Fox 3s, I thought I’d clear it up

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/977208897049866250/1179783514422517801/Loadouts.png?ex=657b0a05&is=65689505&hm=7c38c07ca24854564faf451ae2f3e73294a114f30a70dd2212de1bff2eba881e&

11 Likes

Dassault : So, how many MICAs do you want on your Mirage 2000 ?
French procurement : YES.

I can’t wait to have more than x4 missiles lol.

2 Likes

I guess gaijin might consider MICA EM/RF replacement Super 530F & 530D next month or Q1 2024

and could add MICA IR in Q4 2024 or Q3 2025

1 Like

As soon as Fox-3 missiles come MICA schould be added with radar as well as ir seeker.

It would be very funny

Depends which Fox-3s they start with.

Sure if they take it slow and start with AIM-120A that is a different matter.
But if AIM-120 and R-77 would be the entry point MICA would be just fine.