Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

I reported missing seeker range. Super 530D is supposed to be able to lock onto planes further than any other missiles ingame. We can revisit this once they fix the seeker ranges.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/ob41Gs5dr7yu

3 Likes

Yep… I even got the issue in test flight so the .clog should be straightforward to analyze. Tried resetting all my key bindings and it still happens randomly

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/844671240605138954/1124719977736446034/Parameters.jpg

PGMs are finally fixed and usable for long range launching in point mode. Just did testing and can confirm it works now. Happy long-range Pantsir hunting.

what does this mean

It now properly can lock and kill stationary targets at long range without self exploding.

can you change locked targets mid flight?
like how spike works IRL

No, that kinda stuff is still not fixed yet. They just made it a bit more usable for now.

1 Like

it is really , I am using it in SQB and once I see the Pansir , there is no way it can stay alive .

1 Like

Considering PGM are kinda the ancestor of the actual French AASM, OTAN named : HAMMER. It is certain that PGM were going to be a good thing. Now that they fixed some bugs it’s even better and the Mirage 2000-5F is great for that. Tho i hope for it to get its MICAs or the Magic 2 fix which would make it also even more potent in air too.

I think might be Mirage 2000D-R2 top 4 strike aircraft toptier in the future

1 Like

Just going to leave this here:

and this due to another incident with “this time a 2000” and a 22 in mock dogfight.

1 Like

Referring to the time the Raptor and Rafale started their dogfight side by side… yes of course the Rafale is gonna end up behind the raptor. It slows down faster, something only advantageous when you start a fight like that.

Trainer aircraft have also “beaten” the raptor under similar circumstances. It’s not impressive, nor does it “speak volumes” like the article claims. It’s also very weird you put a video of the DCS Mirage 2000 in a war thunder game forum… Not to mention the fact that the DCS Mirage 2000 severely overperforms.

The truth is, the F-22 has (many many many times) Gone completely undefeated unless they entertained a very silly scenario like the one in question from the link. If I was the US government, I wouldn’t be counting the dogfight as a loss either. There’s simply no feasible way the dogfight would ever happen to begin with.

1 Like

Well… another DCS video.

Out of all the changes needed for the 2000 and/or it’s missiles, the 2000C still hasn’t gotten a drop tank, kinda lazy. Unless it’s supposed to have a different one than the 5F or the D but I don’t think so

i dont think its different i think it has one in the files just not added

Since the update 2.27.0.68
It feel like the RDY is nerfed. Missile can fail in Head on, just by doing some roll movement, and chaff drop.
The S530D is weird, in some condition with a solid hard lock, you can see the missile (just be looking at the smoke trail) losing then regain acquisition on target every 1 or 2 sec and only then recorrect it’s trajectory on the target. The trajectory of the missile is not “fluid” (feel like a “lag”) like other SARH missile, and when this issue happen near the target it is garrented to miss.

Shooting SARH missile from behind a target in comparaison. Before this update, the target had to do “hard” defense maneuver, but since this update, it seems just need slightly movement and drop occasionally some countermesures to counter the missile.
The RDI radar (C-S5) is still as usual, and with some solid lock, and good trajectory for SARH missile in comparaison. So i think it’s come from the RDY radar in PD mode, but i’m not sure. It’s seems less reliable since this update.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed some of the same issues you have, so I’ll look into it and report on it.

1 Like