Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

I am but a lowly peasant who enjoys French planes but has no knowledge or resources/time for reporting.

Thank all you brave knights who do the heavy lifting so the rest of us can enjoy.

I’m so happy right now.

14 Likes

There are changes for Magic 2 and 530D, but I don’t see IRCCM for the first rocket. Confirmed information that it will be? Will there be Thales Topsight?

Addition of IRCCM has been decided today will have to wait to see it come maybe arround one week from now

2 Likes

Hope everyone’s excited to go up against R-73, R-27ET and AIM-9M with 90 counter measures

How does MAWS work on the in-game M2k anyway? Do friendly missile launches trigger it? Only hostile ones? Hostile ones targeting you?

it’s still much better than 60cm F-16A/MiG-29

1 Like

no MAWS in this dev

1 Like

any progress at all of HMD being added, seems like its in purgatory right now.

2 Likes

Not good enough
Time to dust off the Mirage F1C and its 252 CM

1 Like

True this thing is gonna feel different with updated Magic 2s

do we know if the mirage 2000 had more countermeasures? or do we just have to deal with it

No currently Mirage 2000 already use the Eclair M countermeasure pod which is best solution for the moment

The SPIRALE ammunition payload consists of up to 36 cartridges fitted into the CDMs and 112 chaff packs in the ICDs.
The addition of ECLAIR-M multiplies the flare payload by four.
Chaff cartridges can also be used, as well as other decoys.
Advanced flares*
• small-calibre flares to double the CDM capacity
• spectral flares

https://www.mbda-systems.com/?action=force-download-attachment&attachment_id=26536

1 Like

Well then a report for incorrect CM number has to be made then

1 Like

Probably should wait until the game implements separate chaff/flare controls and capacities

Gaijin said they will avoid doing such a thing to simplify things for the game as chaffs usually comes in greater number than flares so to balances it there is a fixed number of CM and when using chaff and flares the total ammount is split in two makes it easier for devs and not force them to do a custom ammount of Cm for every plane and CM dispenser in game. So best we can do is prove the pod can carry more CM and hope for like 120-140 CM

There’s already a bug report that’s been acknowledged Community Bug Reporting System
It has the tubes of chaffs and 8 interchangeable boxes of misc sized/types CMs, so loadouts could be

• 112 chaffs + 144 small flares (256 total !!)
  • 112 chaffs + 64 large flares (176 total)

4 Likes

well then problem solved just have to wait now

Yeah lets hope they do fix it on this update

Damn right, that’s nearly 2/3rds of its countermeasures missing lmao

To be completly fair i would rather see a better istructor or hmd but that works too