Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

Look, guys & @Schindibee

The Mirage platform and especially the III is legendary.
Most peer to peer kills over the phantom and Mig21. I do not know why its so offensive for you guys to consider the Mirage 2000 is based off the original Mirage designs.

The greatest supersonic jet ace brigadier general Giora “Hawkeye” Epstein of the IAF has flown the Mirage, Nesher, Kfir, F-15 & F-16 in combat and still considers the Mirage to be the greatest jet he has ever flown.

I think its disrespectful to Dassault and the Mirage to want to disassociate the 2000 with its previous legendary heritage. I believe Dassault would feel the same.

I think it’s disrespectful to call it based off, when essentially EVERYTHING is Different on board,…

Your so called Mirage III based off, is the Mirage IIING which only was prototyped,…

1 Like

What a stupid argument to have since none of you worked at Dassault and can’t prove why they call anything anything.

Yeah, because everyone knows one must work somewhere to know anything about anything…

Like Dassault does not publish its history and makes any documentaries whatsoever. Totally dude.

Hear that boys? Random guy said we need to literally work at Dassault to discuss and debate over its history and designs.

Thanks random guy.

If their naming convention is published then you could post that info. Instead you guys are just talking out your asses make speculations on why it’s called the Mirage and what it’s based off of with no proof.

Like this, your pointless speculation.

None of us are talking out of our asses.

Logic, understanding design designations philosophies and history of aircraft designers can determine a truth without going to “a convention”. The forum exists so we can come and discuss these things. You definitely do not get out much huh?

Dassault actually states that is the exact reason they named it the 2000. You just have no clue and why, so you call it speculation. It sports all the technologies that will carry Dassault into the turn of the century, and it did. it’s a great Mirage.

Wait, but we got to work at Dassault to know that huh?

Source?

1 Like

We already went over the F1, bro.

Dassault abandoned the delta for a moment in history to stay relevant in the export market. The delta wing was severely limited against conventional designs without fly-by-wiring. The delta took enormous skill to master in combat (specifically dogfighting and ground attack operations). The F1 was better suited.

Once the advent of FBW came, Dassault was now able to tap into the performances that were otherwise impossible prior and returned to the beloved delta configuration. Hence, we got the 2000.

Am I the only one who actually reads up on the history and watches documentaries on Dassault or what?

Yet still called mirage → to surf on the Brandname, as is doing lots of wears brands

1 Like

Yeah, because the Mirage F1 was still based on the original Mirage. It literally has everything the same except wing pattern. Not enough for Dassault to give it an entirely new name without a variant designation like the Rafale. The gave its this variant designation F1.

The Rafale is the first of its kind, just like the original Mirage was called just the Mirage when it was the first of its kind.

It could have been called differently,… that’s not a reason to it,…

The Mirage F.1 is called Mirage, because the name itself is interesting,…

If you see a mirage IRL, then good luck to kill anything from it,… Mirage Name is MARKETING,… nothing related to any based off design,…

3 Likes

No, there is a base platform and the variant type. This goes for every Airforce.

Mirage III

Mirage IIIE

Mirage F1

Mirage 2000.

Rafale

Rafale C

Rafale M

Rafale N

soon more variants will proceed as well.

Y’all do know he’s just trolling again, no need to keep feeding him.

6 Likes

There is even a strategic bomber variant of the Mirage platform called the Mirage IV.

Based off the original design.

Just like there is the Strike Eagle, Streak Eagle, Silent Eagle and F-15EX. Still all based off of original F-15 Eagle.

The F-22 Raptor though it was designed from same philosophies and research of the Eagle, it was designed and built entirely from scratch and that is why it’s called the Raptor.

Just like the Rafale though it was designed from same philosophies and research from the M2k, Mirage 5 and M4k it too was designed entirely from scratch and therefore given the new name Rafale.

These aircraft started on a completely blank canvas. The Mirage 2000 did not.

Jesus calm down, you are no less of a meme yourself. Something something glass houses

2 Likes

Calm down? I have not been negative in anyway and I was invited to talk about the mirage.

Lol no one made memes about me, I do not have tantrums get mad at mods and devs for giving us fighter jets.

He’s a meme because he’s realistic, call things what they are and don’t turn arround the pot and don’t care about people feelings. If being realistic is a meme then i’ll proudly be the biggest meme on earth just to see people raging when i reality check them.

3 Likes

But you are raging because the Mirage is called a Mirage no?

Like you are entirely offended because the Mirage 2000 is a based on the Mirage and called a Mirage.

He’s gonna keep posting inflammatory bait if y’all keep responding.

2 Likes

Well you can see it that way but i’ll just end it by the fact Mirage doesn’t come from a design or a role but from and idea and a family of French Aircraft no matter the version their naming isn’t due the the Mirage 3 at all.
Debate : OVER.
See ya’ll.

2 Likes