Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

Let’s be real, su27, f15, Mirage 4000, F16C, MIG29SMT/G, Mirage 2000 5F and Gripen should be 12.7 already. But yeah, otherwise, the Gripen should sit at a lower BR than F15 and SU27 if AMRAAMS are added

If we are being real real, those might as well need to go to 13.7 to allow for some decompression from br. 6.7 to 12.3

6 Likes

This is just ridiculous. Haven’t had the hydraulic boosters installed either.

Damn that thing got to 11G real quick. That does seem a tad sensitive. Looks like you’ll need wing repair too … I’ll see myself out.

3 Likes

The issue has been there since the update BUT hasn’t been reported afaik as the issue seems to not happen in test flight and therefore cannot be consistently re made in order to provide strong proofs. Like it seems the bug of wing rip on F15 has been transferred to M4K. Even spaded this bug still occurs.

It seems to me that it happens a lot when doing, roll and rudder simultaneously, like you did in the video (or at least the instructor did it lol). Happens on low fuel mirage 4000 and high fuel, A2G fitted mirage 2000 5F.
Until they fix the issue, my only advice is to try to keep your aircraft aligned with the turn (no « drift » like what your plane was doing in the video)

Not my footage btw

Anyone able to explain what happening to the Mirage 2000 SC-4’s flight model when you disable the instructor…

The instantaneous and sustained turn rates for whatever reason become massively improved, especially on low fuel levels.

One extreme example is being able to do 16 to 17g turns on under 3 mins of fuel.

Does this occur with all Mirage 2000 variants?

The FM is the same as the SC-5 afaik,.

1 Like

same with other 2000 variants

1 Like

That’s the beauty of removing the AOA limiter (still present, but much less restrictive) that the instructor applied to help you control the plane better. Delta wings wan pull hard. And in a game where you are allowed to pull harder than IRL, it goes very high in instantaneous turn. I saw a video where someone reached 23Gs on the Me163 one day

At least some US missiles also received this 1.8s delay. it was sad we were the only one with this thing.

The IRCCM would make it good for head on’s and extreme close range but that fuze delay kills it

1 Like

Saddly yep.

@Smin1080p : is there any bugreport about the 10x GBU-12 Payload that is Missing on Mirage 4000?

1 Like

Hello

Yes, there is a suggestion report here: Community Bug Reporting System

2 Likes

What you said is true, and there was a dev’s response to what you observed: Community Bug Reporting System
Here’s what the report stated:

In full real it is possible to pull an instant AoA of almost 50 degrees, and sustain 30 degrees of AoA in max pitch on min fuel and at sea level. In mouse aim it is just 20 degrees of instant AoA and the sustained turn on max pitch in the same conditions is around 19-20 degrees of AoA… the lowest speed you can sustain in mouse aim is 270 miles per hour whereas you can sustain as low as 185-200 miles per hour in full real.

Developer’s response:

Hello! AoA is limited for better handling (mouse aim causes pitch and yaw oscillations at high aoa for all mirages) and better energy saving during tight turns. Higher the angles slows down the mirages to 200-300km/h very quickly. Current limits is the best compromise between energy saving, controllability and agility. It is also possible to enable full control by hot key in any moment and any time in the game to achieve higher aoa without limits.

They initially rejected the report with the reasoning stated above, but then decided to change their mind and made some of the necessary changes by loosening instructor to make it more closer to sim controls performance.

It might be possible to ask for a 2nd go-round and have the instructor loosened again, but there may be little to no incentive as it’s an 11.7 airframe beating 12.3 airframes in dogfights with mouse-aim.

Perhaps if the Mirage 2000Cs get moved up to 12.0, they may be more incentivized.

If the SC4/5 could carry 4x Magic 2s it would absolutely club 11.7 and below. The only difficulty it really has is against F-16a pilots who know what they’re doing.

1 Like

Honestly, even then if you have under 10 minuites of fuel you can absolutely demolish them in a one circle fight because your turn radius is much much tighter with the AOA limiter disabled in full controlls.
A two circle fight is more dependant on your turn rate, which the F16 will win easily when you are locked into the turn and are stuck at ground level at low speed.

Things that around 60% player doesn’t use, 25% using it at wrong time, 10% barely able to use it → 5% people capable of using this correctly.

→ the simple thing should be:
Having a AoA Limiter removal (or making it very unable to counter) per simple keybind while keeping in the mouse aim. As it is IRL a simple switch in cockpit for Mirage 2000’s

1 Like