Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

It’s because the pods on the M4000 use an uneven number of CM’s and not all of them can be flare and or chaff. This is exactly the same as the BOZ-107 pod found on the Tornado GR.1 and IDS. So you’re now joining the Tornado people in waiting for the CM system to be overhauled.

BOL isn’t an issue because it can hold chaff packs or BOL IR in any mix.

1 Like

can’t they simply assume those pods can use even number of CMs until system gets overhauled? after all we have vehicles with over 500 countermeasures already…

I believe this is the longest rear-aspect shot ever recorded in Warthunder. 25km against a fleeing F-14 booking it.

1 Like

Should be easy for me to beat with an R-27ER here soon enough.

Go for it, as long as it’s an Air RB match. If I could get Vietnam/Spain EC more often, then 30km+ rear aspect would be more likely to happen.

Impressive!
I wonder how reliable this is though.
I’m surprised the missile managed to catch up even so long after it finished burning, in an upward vector (even at 10Km+ altitude).
And woudld that work in normal PD?

definitely A shot I would never even try.

1 Like

Would probably not be possible to do a few weeks ago. I feel like the missile would have exploded because of losing the lock for 1-2s back then, while now it has 10s to reacquire even for 1s

20seconds to reacquire ^^"

@DirectSupport → 27km at best,… since you used 43 seconds(out of 60s guidance time) and the missile was losing speed.

1 Like

Why can phantom with AN/ALE-40 take full load of flares then? Manual for F4E directly states that you CANT mount flare adapter on slave dispensers on rail, its literally physically impossible irl, yet it can in game. So if Phantom can, tornado or mirage should too.

1 Like

Sure I’m all for realistic CM loads, but its not happening. Went through all the variations to convince the Devs with the BOZ-107 pods, but we were unsuccessful. You will just have to wait along with the Tornado’s.

Because Gaijin decided that Mirage 4000 and Tornado would be the first to have only flare laucnhers ammount for now to ease work later i guess because every plane where the CM count is a mix/averaging based on Max Chaffs + Flares quantity addition will have to be reworked. And frankly we are lucky only M4K “suffers”(Because honestly 112 large CMs is quite nice ngl) this in French TT as M2K got a false CM number too. It should only have 144 Flares Max for M2K5F and somethin like 170 or less for Mirage 2000D R1. Sooo the fact Gaijin resorted to that means the change will come very soon which could also mean next Major update could be pretty insane.

The AN/ALE 40 is a bit more complicated. The manual is written with the assumption that the 2" x 1" MJU-7 flare cartridge would be used, along with the 1" x 1" RR-170 chaff cartridge. The manual is saying it’s not possible to mount the 2" x 1" dispensers to the slave modules.

However in real life the ALE-40 could also fire the 1" x 1" M206 flare cartridge, making use of the same dispenser as the RR-170 chaff cartridge.

So while not sanctioned by the manual Gaijin are essentially allowing the Phantoms to use M206 flares in game.

I actually did a bad shot if you looked, I didn’t lead the missile enough. Hence the fact that I could have gotten more range/speed out of the missile if I provided it enough lead.

If I had shot where the red mark is, that would have made sure the missile didn’t have to lose speed turning too much.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1015732675115491348/1192513039061225564/leading.png?ex=65a95950&is=6596e450&hm=9e9a32a918f278a0cbfbe8691a9a0bc62983bb6c8b72adc085b58a296d560e20&

Question for you Mirage 2000 knowledgeable folks
Why is only 2000-5F capable of carrying 4 Magic (2) missiles?

1 Like

The Mirage 2000C was the plane used in the sources for the missing 4x Magic 2s , yet they decided to give it only to the 2000-5F for several reasons I suspect.

The biggest reasons (speculating) is that the Mirage 2000Cs would go up in BR if it was to receive 4x Magic 2s. Further, there’s buffs coming for the Magic 2 that would likely make it have better IRCCM, lower guidance delay, and 50G. So it would be problematic if the Mirage 2000C was to receive 4x 50G Magic 2s in the future while remaining at 11.7.

This is a plane that was originally supposed to be 11.3 performance capability-wise.

9 Likes

if you set yourself at 12km altitude and shoot at a 30km S.530D to a guy below you of 2000m then maybe 30km is possible with a good lead,… but tbh i don’t think it would happens a lot.

not adding MICA until Late 2025? yeah,…

That seems fair
After using Magic 2 for a bit on Mirage 4000 and new 2000C-S4, I found it to be quite a good missile at close range, pretty much unavoidable in rear aspect even if target flares.

it got the same IRCCM as R73 but it does have a 1second proxy fuze delay

2 Likes

Isn’t the Magic 2’s FOV smaller?