Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

Wdym?

S.530F seeker head do not use Doppler filtering therefore it will keep being attracted to chaffs.

The S.530D (in which D means Doppler) is the variant of the missile able to use the Doppler filtering, in such it’s the only french SARH missile to ignore chaffs (or should be after the update is live)

You can have a radar using Doppler filtering to inform the pilot but using none Doppler filtering to guide the missile (basically what does the MTI system on MIRAGE F.1’s, and what does MIRAGE 2000 and 4000 when used SRC PD or SRC PDV systems)

So if you wanna check the update being working or not, you should use S.530D ^^"

1 Like

I don’t think we’re on the same page, I was talking about this:

Super 530F and Super 530D datamine show that they now have a break lock max time of 20 seconds instead of 3 seconds, patch isn’t live yet.

Incorrect. Version shown in game is wrong, test the missile yourself. It takes 20 seconds to self-destruct now. Sadly

this also applies to 530D as well, too narrow seeker-fov i guess.

2 Likes

Interesting, at least it’s not hard capped there like the 530F

1 Like

I have had dozens of times when the R530D reacquired target. Now, I have launched them hundreds of times over multiple different aircraft, so dozens of times is very just appalling, but they can do it.

By your experience what is the best radar mode to hit low flying targets from higher Altitude attack.

Why tf does the wing of the m4k break so easily

1 Like

It has to be some random bug in the instructor. If you try and recreate it in test flight, its impossible for you to break it even if you do 14G while rolling.

Is there already a report about it?

If.

1 Like

That is not a pre flare anymore then.

1 Like

Obviously PD, it’s Look-Down All-Aspect.

Well bigger Pre-Launched FOV makes R-73 rather hard to reacquire pre flaring target unlike Magic 2.

What you wrote implies that people begin to flare after R-73 is fired.
Pre flaring would be when flares are being dumped before the missile is being fired.
Magic 2 currently will not track the targetwhen people actually are preflaring.

1 Like

Also happens to me with the mirage 2000-5F with full CAS loadout. Pull and roll for more than a few seconds, the wings breaks instantly if I release the turn to fast

I stopped playing the m4k, the wing breaking happens way to often, I don’t understand what cause it

Even at lower speed it happens

How much fuel are you using?
Also unequip “New boosters” module if you are using it

Magic 2s feel like they are nerfed rear aspect shots for me are being flared pretty easily, they feel worse then AIM9Ls.

1 Like

If they can model BOL launchers on Gripen and Harrier, They should also model spriale and increase the total countermeasures to 466 for Mirage 4000.

Right now this aircraft sits in a very weird spot. you cannot play like gripen and take adventure of the flight model in furballs as it does not have enough countermeasures to auto block any IR missile. You have to find isolated or distracted people and then also not have any friendlies around because sidewinder or archer will outspeed your missile pretty easily.

As for the Super 530s and BVR engagements, it is only feasible when not facing USSR or China. So it isn’t really a strategy you can use every game.

Flight model is pretty fantastic. I had a lot of fun in late game 1v1 engagements (you feel the lack of HMD often though) unfortunately those 1v1 engagements happen once 20 or 30 games or so. Usually you get a kill or two then enemy or your team completely gets obliterated.

1 Like